What makes you ask? Just curious :-)

• chickpea
    chickpea

last time i even knew who was
    appointed at the KH i attended

1 was a wedding/events photographer, self-employed

1 was a window washer/snow removal guy, self-employed

1 had an auto repair set up on his farm, self-employed

1 raised bison, and cleaned commercial property, self-employed ( he died this week @ 51)

1 was retired, but had worked maintenance at the local tech college

1 had been a farmer, beef cattle, and he and his wife cleaned offices into their 70s, self-employed ( he died 2 yrs ago)

• minimus
    minimus

NOAH'S ARK!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Probably most of them because no one in their right mind would knowingly hire a JW, especially an elder.

W

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have seen one witless (technically not a hounder, but he was the slimebag that dragged me in, and has many of the characteristics that most hounders have) that was frequently changing jobs. He would work as a maintenance person a while, then go to washing dishes, and then cleaning. He had cleaning accounts on the side (which rarely worked out, because he couldn't find and retain any help). Of course, he has also been fired for stupid things, usually things like deliberately disrupting business because of having to work alone one night because of a sick call.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I know an elder who was an administrator for a elder-care/convelescent home who was fired and became a self employed blanket seller.

• badboy
    badboy

Wafles,I am partly inspired by a post mentioning elders being self-employed as well as coming across an elder who is an art gallery owner(SW ENGLAND)

• badboy
    badboy

bttt

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

In our old hall most of the elders were self employed

a contractor

Carpet layer

Wallpaper/painter

window washer

cleaning business owner

Garbage Disposal owner

Floor waxing ,buffing

They all seem to be pretty well off ......I think they get some good tax breaks for owning their own businesses and being "clergy"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit