Who have you lost?

by alamb 34 Replies latest jw friends

• alamb
    alamb

I wonder if we each put up who we lost from our lives and how long ago if it would be a testament to those who might find this thread and think.

The absurdity.

My parents: 12 years

My brother: 12 years (he is now married)

My nephew: have never met him...he is two and a half

Countless friends

• PEC
    PEC

Too many to list, my family on both sides are all dubs, third and fourth generation.

Philip

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My husbands Step brother ,wife and two nephews and their wives ..........no longer acknowledge us because we no longer attend the kingdom Hall ,they have NEVER even asked why we stopped going ...just accepted the rumor mill that is the Jehovah's Witness congregation .

Most recently my niece and her husband have cut off communication with us .

My In Laws will talk to us ,but only if we call them or they are around worldly family members (keeping up appearances of Christian lifestyle)

many life long friends (well I really can't call them that because real friends would care enough to come to your home and see what's up )

We had been in this same hall 27 yrs .

I am happy to say my adult children have all chosen family over cult life, so for me that's all I need .

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Just freinds in the KH.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

My mother 22 years

I don't care about anyone else.

• outofservice
    outofservice

My mother I have not seen her in 7 years. She has never seen her 4 year old grandson. My BIL his wife, there two children and there spouses and there children.Numerous friends I have grown up with, some were 30 year friendships. But the joy of knowing my children are not being raised in this insanity is more than worth it in the long run.

• ninja
    ninja

hey sabby.....sad the lives the cult messes up eh?.........

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

My brother, whom I adored as a baby - quit talking to any of us in the family about 8 years ago. He is an elder, giving talks at every assembly and far too spiritually above the rest of us to speak to us.

My sister, who was my best friend for years, also quit talking to me, but is talking again to my parents after a 9 year "Cold Shoulder" from her.

My nephew, loved him as my own children. Last I saw him, he screamed at me at the K-Hall that he was never forgiving me. He was 6.

I haven't lost my grama, tho. She still talks to me, tells me she loves me.

• wobble
    wobble

I havn't really lost anyone yet,as so far, my fade is working,but I detect that many are less inclined to speak as time goes on.

But I have GAINED brothers and sisters and a Granny (Grace) and friends who are countless on this site!!

So lets rejoice in our new lives! Lets all raise a middle finger to the Craptower!

We are not the losers!

Love

Wobble

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I can't really complain because I didn't lose anything that was worth keeping. I lost a wife who viewed me as little more than a meal ticket. I also lost all my friends - you know the kind I mean - the ones who called only when they wanted something, like help moving, a ride, free computer support or some other favour. For 20 years, those were the only people in my life. Needless to say, I find myself socially inept now.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit