How many people did Jesus disfellowship?

by Albert Einstein 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

So Iam having serious discussions with my wife. I am seeding .... and give her questions, she has a hard time to answer.

One of the recent was:

Albert: Jesus is our perfect example right? How many people did Jesus disfellowship?

wife: No one.

Albert: What did he do with people who stayed with him for some time and then lost faith in him and stoped following him?

wife: nothing, they just left¨....

Albert: Did he have any problem about the fact, that some people left?

wife: no, he didnt really care, he had the truth...

Albert: So why does WTBS has to make such an arrangement as DF peple who make no harm, just lost faith in the WTBS headquarters?

wife: ---silence---

But.... It took me myself years to realize the real truth, it really need patience to help others...

Albert

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Ooooh! I like this!

• carla
    carla

It is a good argument and one I used on my jw years ago as well. He of course had no answer either until he double checked with the elders who naturally have all the answers. The answer he came back with as best I can remember included; new light, God needing an organization, and the need to keep the org clean, blah, blah, blah..... Jah and/or the GB supercede anything Jesus says.

• sir82
    sir82

A die-hard JW might say "Of course disfellowshipping was not instituted into the Christian congregation until 30+ years after Jesus' time, so obviously Jesus did not disfellowship anyone. But he in effect disfellowshipped the Pharisees by strongly condemning them to their faces, such as at Matthew 23. Also, he in effect disfellowshipped Judas Iscariot by sending him away from the last supper."

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Another aspect of the Gospel narratives which made me think at some point is that the people Jesus "saved" in miracle stories were never asked to follow him or to join anything. They were simply sent back in peace to their lives... No strings attached.

• ninja
    ninja

good point narky

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

I had this thought in my mind. Gonna use it with my next discussion with my P.O.

In line with this thought. Does anyone know of any examples of actual disfellowshipping in the bible?

TIMBOB

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Jesus associated with sinners, Romans and anyone who would listen....disfellowshiping is some cold crap that came in latter by nasty Paul...not very Christ-ian.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Does anyone know of any examples of actual disfellowshipping in the bible?

"Therefore a second time they called the man that had been blind and said to him: “Give glory to God; we know that this man is a sinner.” 25 In turn he answered: “Whether he is a sinner I do not know. One thing I do know, that, whereas I was blind, I see at present.” 26 Therefore they said to him: “What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?” 27 He answered them: “I told YOU already, and yet YOU did not listen. Why do YOU want to hear it again? YOU do not want to become his disciples also, do YOU?” 28 At this they reviled him and said: “You are a disciple of that [man], but we are disciples of Moses. 29 We know that God has spoken to Moses; but as for this [man], we do not know where he is from.” 30 In answer the man said to them: “This certainly is a marvel, that YOU do not know where he is from, and yet he opened my eyes. 31 We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is God-fearing and does his will, he listens to this one. 32 From of old it has never been heard that anyone opened the eyes of one born blind. 33 If this [man] were not from God, he could do nothing at all.” 34 In answer they said to him: “You were altogether born in sins, and yet are you teaching us?” And they threw him out!"

(John 9:24-34)

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

TIMBOB, in the 3rd letter of John, verses 9 and 10, there is mention of a Diotrephes who would keep people from coming into the church and would also kick them out. Sounds a lot like disfellowshipping to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit