From the WBTS website "Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda!"

by middleman 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mouthy
    mouthy

You can't make this stuff up.

BTS

That is so true!!!! Only Satan can deliever this kind of reteric.
    He HAS to capture minds... As he does with the cults.....

• Spook
    Spook

Yes yes yes. The self-reflective article is preposterous and skirts their own definition.

In reality, to not be propagandistic requires a great degree of patience or disclosure. So the only way JW's could not be propagandistic is by

- publishing articles as the opinions of the individual authors

- taking an academic interest in issues and stating things in proportion to the level of confidence.

They are neither willing nor able (because they are not well educated enough to do the later) to do this. I'd love to hear a talk about "how to think." Here's how you think critically:

- do the claims about reality match data available in the real world?

- are the claims themselves internally consistent?

- what other information, were it true, would contradict or falsify the original claims? Does such information exist?

- if the claims were true, what other claims about reality must be declared false because of contradiction? Do those claims have more evidence? Have you thoroughly investigated them before dismissal?

JW's will never say another great way to learn: TRY TO PROVE SOMETHING FALSE!!!!

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Articles like these come out in the Watchtower magazines, only to reinforce the belief that they can't possibly be propagandists. Just like whenever they write articles about false prophets: they turn it around and make it sound like false prophets are simply honest, "good" God-fearing people with "certain expectations" about the future.

Your typical JW may have read these articles, or they may not. If a JW had read these articles, I'm sure they wouldn't know how to put it to good use (i.e. testing it out on Watchtower doctrines).

• undercover
    undercover

The first paragraph under Is the Work of Jehovah's Witnesses Propagandistic?

Some opponents of Jehovah's Witnesses have accused them of spreading Zionist propaganda. Others have charged that the ministry of the Witnesses promotes Communism. Still others have claimed that the work of Jehovah's Witnesses promotes the ideals and interests of "American imperialism." And there are those who assert that the Witnesses are anarchists, fomenting disorder with the aim of changing the social, economic, political, or legal order. Obviously, these conflicting accusations cannot all be true.
    The simple fact is that Jehovah's Witnesses are none of the above.

Strawman argument.

They present claims against them that are from different time periods or don't even exist at all. They then go on to defend against these claims but never address the claims of current critics and ex-members.

The tactic of a true propagandist...

• ziddina
    ziddina

These men who run the WTBTS are so blinded by their own propaganda, that they cannot even SEE their own propaganda! Talk about overarching HUBRIS! I would wish all the fury of NEMESIS upon them! Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah! Yes, Undercover!! That accusation of spreading "Zionist" propaganda is from the 1930's - one of the accusations that the Nazis leveled against them!! I just finished reading "Jehovah's Witnesses and the Third Reich" by M. James Penton, and that accusation was extensively discussed in his book.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

At least they printed one thing that I can agree with

"No matter what you are reading or watching or listening to, test to see whether it has propagandistic overtones or is truthful."

Shall I tell the dubs I know that they are counselled to test everything, "No matter what"?

• startingover
    startingover

I read the first one before but had not read the fourth one. Unbelievable!

Thanks for starting this thread, now I will have it bookmarked.

• middleman
    middleman

startingover wrote:

Thanks for starting this thread, now I will have it bookmarked.

This for sure will be included in a future PDF...

• undercover
    undercover

Hoohaaaaa....get a load of this quote, the last paragraph in Is the Work of Jehovah's Witnesses Propagandistic?

At the same time, the work of the Witnesses is educational. Using the Bible as a basis, they teach people worldwide to reason on Bible principles and thereby develop right standards of conduct and moral integrity. They promote values that improve family life and help young people cope with their peculiar challenges. They also help people to find the strength to overcome bad habits and to develop the ability to get along with others. Such a work would hardly be termed "propaganda." As The World Book Encyclopedia says, in a climate where ideas circulate freely, "propaganda differs from education."

Amazing...The JWs provide 'a climate where ideas circulate freely'...

Whoever wrote this shit must be laughing themselves silly at the thought that they just spewed propaganda about the JWs in the very article defining propaganda and how to look for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit