Dr's Were Talking About Giving Me a Transfusion - Hubby's Reaction and update on him...

by cognac 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

Well, when I was giving birth there were some complications. The Dr. came in and told hubby and I that they were probably going to want to give me a transfusion as I had lost so much blood. I looked at my husband for his reaction. He looked at me. He knows clearly how I feel about transfusions. I was halfway out of it and I didn't say anything to the Dr.

Hubby looked right at the Dr. and said "ok, that's fine" or something to that effect. Then, I said, "Let's just cross that bridge when we get there". And hubby agreed. I couldn't believe my ears. When push came to shove, he put me first. I was so relieved! I couldn't believe what I had heard.

General Update On Hubby

He still goes to some meetings - not all. I go with him. He finds a lot of reasons to miss. He says: "American Idol is on tonight", "Cognac, you are pregnant, nobody will question me for not going". Then, when he can't think of anything, I simply hear: "I'm to tired"

He hasn't been out in service for over a year now. A worldly person recently asked him what religion he was. He said that he does not talk about religion with people.

He no longer has a desire to be an MS. He no longer reaches out.

When we do go to the meetings, often we are out back goofing off. A week or two ago we brought coffee - went in the back room and chatted it up and made fun of the speaker the whole time, lol. Then, when we are in our seats - we are whispering often about the business we own together. He has no desire to pay attention.

There is still something that is keeping him in. Not sure what though. He doesn't realize that he's kinda become apostate.

I don't really consider this religion a part of our life anymore. I mean it's there - it's around but it's really not at the same time. I'm happy with the way things are.

Anyways, that's it. Thanks for reading!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

WOW!!! That is huge news... I am so happy for all of you... continued love, strength, wisdom, and PATIENCE to all of you!

Love,
    Baba.

• snowbird
    snowbird

That's how it starts, one step at a time ...

Sylvia

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Slowing down in all things WT really helps one to begin to think for himself. It sounds as if you're husband is beginning to release the bonds.

• carla
    carla

How great! especially him putting you first re: blood!! excellent!

• Robert7
    Robert7

Congrats on the baby!!! and great progress with the husband!!!

• yknot
    yknot

That is so AWESOME!........ don't forget to slip in comments of 'OMG I can't believe the WT said.....'

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- Congratulations on you and your husbands baby ! I'm so glad he put you first and stood up on your behalf in case of a blood transfusion. Hopefully in time the witness cult will be a distant memory for you and him and you can raise your child to be a free thinking person. Good luck, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cognac
    cognac

you can raise your child to be a free thinking person

Yes, I will definately be doing that!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hi Cognac! Great to see you here! Congratulations on your new baby! Wonderful news about your husband!!!!!

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit