Another Kind of "Witness"; the "Witness" in Meditation.

by BabaYaga 21 Replies latest members private

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Loosie said: I think it was this silent observer that stopped the physical me from going thru on a green light therefore avoiding an accident to me and my daughter.

Wow!

Particularly marvelous because you are here to tell the tale, of course! As Satanus pointed out, many would refer to this as the biblical (g)od or Jesus... or, in your case of preventing an automobile collision, a "Guardian Angel".

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I think it was this silent observer that stopped the physical me from going thru on a green light therefore avoiding an accident to me and my daughter. I think most people ignore the silent observer.

Something once pulled my mother physically off the road and away from a truck.

Something once pushed me off a woods trail at night. It turns out there was a rattler on that spot.

We all came from the I AM. To the I AM we shall return, when the time is right.

Daughter of Zion
    Once precious princess
    Left her father's house
    To walk the streets that never rest

Frightened by her own shadow
    Now she wants to go home
    Many names for one God
    Trotting on through the facade
    You were all my children
    Got a dig for that feeling
    Love will break through the concealment
    Strip away the serpents skin
    We came to win
    Dispatch the troops
    Send out the captain
    My gem is held captive in the dungeon
    Don't come back again until you end the mission
    If it takes a long time
    Don't lose the vision
    If you're stuck
    Check the blueprint
    Look within
    Reflection
    Got to find the rhythm

BTS

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Burn said: Something once pulled my mother physically off the road and away from a truck.

Something once pushed me off a woods trail at night. It turns out there was a rattler on that spot.

We all came from the I AM. To the I AM we shall return, when the time is right.

I am speechless and grateful for you and Loosie sharing your personal experiences, thank you!

This thread has taken a marvelously unexpected turn. Isn't it interesting how these experiences would be considered by most to be "supernatural", and yet... are they not simply natural rather than supernatural? Methinks there is so much more to nature than can be measured... yet.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Incidentally, something very akin to the meditative practice exists in Christianity as well, it is known by the term "Contemplative Prayer" and "Centering Prayer". St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Avila are famous mystics that practiced this and shared their insights. It has a long history in the monastic traditions.

Unfortunately, the West has forgotten this part of its spiritual heritage and now turns to the East for lessons.

BTS

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Burn said: Incidentally, something very akin to the meditative practice exists in Christianity as well, it is known by the term "Contemplative Prayer" and "Centering Prayer". St. John of the Cross and St. Teresa of Avila are famous mystics that practiced this...

Ha! Yes! We are going back to Melda's point... about folks being spiritual regardless of the religion they follow.

Which reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

All mystics speak the same language for they come from the same country.
    ~Louis-Claude de Saint-Martin

We are the I AM.

Love to all,
    Baba.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I'd like to share something that happened to me today. Here where I live, we have a long dry season, followed by a wet one. Where I live, it is relatively seclude, no neighbors, a lot of nature. I walked out alone shortly after sunset. Well, at that time, the first rains came in from the East. It hasn't rained here in months. To smell the rain coming, to see the dark clouds, to see the already set Sun's orange glow still reflected in the approaching thunderheads, to see the cooling breeze blow as I looked up through the newly green cypress trees, at the dark greys and reds, to hear all the different creatures waking up to the new season....was a deeply spiritual moment. I thanked God.

I can hear the rain patter as I write this.

BTS

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    To smell the rain coming, to see the dark clouds, to see the already set Sun's orange glow still reflected in the approaching thunderheads, to see the cooling breeze blow as I looked up through the newly green cypress trees, at the dark greys and reds, to hear all the different creatures waking up to the new season....was a deeply spiritual moment.

You chose your words so well... I could see it and smell it. There is nothing like the smell of rain... especially when it has been so long awaited.

Spirit is in all... the rain-cloud sunsets, the coffee cups, the traffic lights, the garden slugs. Mundane occurances are full of spirit, if we just take the time to make our minds quiet...

• loosie
    loosie

I wish I could notice what this witness/observer/ID was trying to tell me more often. I can tell the difference between a gut feeling and this observer. But the observer doesn't come out very often.

I was trying to figure out what /who it was keepign me from going thru the green light. When I read the book " is there life after death" it made a lot of sense that it was a difference facet of myself, a higher self. I just didn't buy that it was a god in the clouds sitting on a golden throne watching the world go by.

It was very comforting to know there was someone else in my corner, looking out for my best interests, because if something happened to the physical me it would also happen to the observer. You can't get a better friend than that.

I just wish I could communicate with it more.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Loosie said: I wish I could notice what this witness/observer/ID was trying to tell me more often. I can tell the difference between a gut feeling and this observer. But the observer doesn't come out very often.

I just wish I could communicate with it more.

I know exactly what you mean. That is what meditation is ALL about.

It might sound a bit odd, but I can highly recommend a CD by Dr. Weil, of all people... this is a CD for physical health, but it guides you through a "mindfulness" meditation, and it is a very good start. It lets you know that it really IS easier to meditate than most folks think (when everyone thinks they must be doing something "wrong".)

http://www.amazon.com/Meditation-Optimum-Health-Mindfulness-Breathing/dp/1564558827

As with most everything, the more you practice, the easier and more wonderful it will be.

Go for it! It is so worth it. Please keep me updated, I would love to hear your experiences.

• loosie
    loosie

ok I will check it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit