Anyone know about this pro JW website?

by middleman 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• middleman
  • AuntBee
    AuntBee

I just skimmed through it. Are there any names on there at all, or is it all annonymous? I like how the section 'about us' does not give any names or anything 'about them', just a brief statement of beliefs. It has a strange feel.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I will bookmark it and examine it more closely tomorrow. gotta go lie down.

• carla
    carla

I only skimmed it as well. The most recent question is from 06, suppose they are still actively running the site? how would the gb allow this?

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I had a very quick look but didn't see where it said they were witnesses. What page was that on?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Very slick and "modern". However, I think they should change the domain name to scripturaluntruths.com

Speaking of the domain, whois.com says it is registered to

Did you know that for each domain name you register, anyone -
    anywhere, anytime
    - can find out your name, home address, phone
    number and email address?

The law requires that the personal information you provide with every
    domain you register be made public in the
    "WHOIS" database. Your
    identity becomes instantly available - and vulnerable - to spammers,
    scammers, prying eyes and worse.
    But now there's a solution: Domains By Proxy®!

So I wonder if behind the mask it is the WT with a new modern and net friendly look to fight the propaganda war?

All the best,

Stephen

• wobble
    wobble

It has the feel of something by Staffy Duck (Greg Stafford) he has his site Elihu Books and is a long time JW apologist now gone independant I believe,could be an old site of his?

I think it is on very dodgy ground trying to defend the NWT translation of John 1v1 !!!!!

Love

Wobble

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

arent any PRO JW websites that arent official not allowed and therefore not pro Jw? a paradox? witnesses arent supposed to be on anything about witnesses that the society havent created?

• lancelink
    lancelink

Our death is no different than the death of an animal, the end result being the same for both. All is “all vanity” in death, for “all go to one place” and “all return to dust.” It does not matter what we might do now, this outcome will be the same for everyone unless the end comes first. This does not mean we have no hope beyond death, for we do in the resurrection.

I remember as a witness telling people who lost a loved one in death pretty much the same thing..In fact when my grandmother died a certain fanatical sisiter came to the funeral, stood me in front of the coffin and told me in no uncertain terms that she was dead, and would soon awaken after armageddon

yet since my Mom died back in September I have been attended a grief support group at the local hospital. Many who were in this group had no main religious belief, And as I listened to their stories, and situations I was struck by how different each one of them grasped the entire concept of death.

I would sometimes step back as an experiment, and revert to the JW mindset and think how they were wrong, and that there is only ONE condition of the dead,, the one that the WTS spells out.

As the weeks progressed i slowly began to realize how inhumane, and cold it would be to crush the hope that someone is leaning on at their difficult time. I remember the witnesses at my old hall cruising the obituary column of the paper, looking for people to write letters to and count it as FS time.

looking back, I see that there is a major part of humanity missing from people who do things like that, now I look at people who have lost loved ones as very fragile, and they no doubt reevaluate their beliefs and find great comfort in certain aspects of their faith.

having someone come along with a "My religion alone knows what the Bible says attitude" is very uncaring.

Something is emotionally missing from people who claim to be 100% right, and know everything that the bible says,,, It is a personal journey for each one of us.

• middleman
    middleman

How about we ask some questions on that site and post the responses here? I assure you this site is from an active witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit