Armageddon "WILL" be Here Before 2014!

by african GB Member 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sspo
    sspo

Back in Chicago we had some in the cong. that swore that the end would be before 1983.

The majority of them are dead

High unemployment and high mortgage rates at that time.

Nothing changes among the JW's, it gives them something to shoot and hope for and yet we see older ones dying off

and never seeing that new system of things.

Glad i'm out

• VIII
    VIII

I have been told *this* is the Great Tribulation due to high unemployment, financial crisis, bad politicians, etc. When I point out that numerous times in the last 100 years the same thing has happened and Armageddon still hasn't happened I get hung up on.

I recall being alive in 1975. In the summer. And the fall. And the winter. (When The Big A was supposed to come, remember?)

Oh, yeah, and in January 1976. So much for The Big A coming.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This is made up crap. If a JW believes it, it isn't being promoted by the GB at all, not even close.

The closest these days to a date is the 120 year comparison to Noah's building of the ark, implying that by 2034, we are all dead.

That will be good, as I am set to retire that year....

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

now if JW's say "no one knows neither the day nor the hour, but the father", and yet go ahead and make predictions about the end, are they deliberately misleading people or are they trying to 'save' them?

• davegod
    davegod

now if JW's say "no one knows neither the day nor the hour, but the father", and yet go ahead and make predictions about the end, are they deliberately misleading people or are they trying to 'save' them?

It's called lying.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember where else I heard this promise--and I do not mean 1975, either. I heard this promise right from the Asleep! magazine headers that it would be here before the year 2000. We all know what happened to that promise.

Also, I remember threads on this board in the fall of 2006. The Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign about the end of false religion was supposed to have set off the Great Tribulation. Nothing happened. The 2006 Grand Boasting Session theme was "Our Deliverance Is At Hand, not "Our Deliverance is Near". Once again, nothing happened. They had the witlesses look long at the table during the REJECT Jesus Party of 2007, since it would likely be the last one (I heard that in 1989, and saw many more). We know that it was not the last. And I remember June 12, 2007--the day Armageddon was supposed to happen. Again, nothing.

I wonder what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is going to do about this. They will say that Armageddon will be here by 2014, so people need to sell out and pio-sneer. Max out your credit card (at this time when it is not cool to do that), quit your job, do not go to college, skip medical care (not because you believe the medical system is crap, because you believe Jehovah will soon take care of it). Then, when 2015 comes, you took too much stock in that word and are therefore at fault. A replay of 1975.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

White Dove said: "I think 10 means completeness, so 100 would mean REALLY complete, as in the time being complete."

Billy says: Yes but, 144,000 would be even more complete. So mark "THE END" on your calendar -- Oct. 4/5, 145914.

White Dove said: "I'm pulling this out of my ass, just so you know."

Billy says: Yeah, the "brother" was pulling some numbers from his butt for aGBm, too. Please remember to wash your hands afterward.

B the X

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

yeah whatever AFGB...was it the lady who was dfed 12 times in 15 years who told oyu that???

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Bear in mind AFGB has told a bunch of ridiculous tales here. DO you say this stuff hoping we will repeat it to witnesses ....and make our credibility zero?

• LostGeneration

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit