So, what about those of us that are single and "undercover JW's"? Any dating sites for us?

by BonaFide 9 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I admit its an unusual category to be in. Active Witness because of family and friends. Raised in the truth but knows the real truth. Wants to get married. Can't marry a strict Witness for a million reasons that we all know.

But we want to marry someone who wants to get married in a Kingdom Hall to another "Witness" so that our families still associate with us.

So, is there any hope for us? Too bad there isn't a special symbol at assemblies we could wear....

BF

• asilentone
    asilentone

keep dreaming, Sorry!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Dating?

How can you even think about dating?

Armageddon is almost here!

Where is your head, man?

• asilentone
    asilentone

he needs pussy before the big day of Jehovah arrives!

• jakmarx
    jakmarx

I think you overestimating how many people are fading witnesses in limbo, single and looking.

If your single i'd just leave, you have no commitments.

To clarify. I doubt you'd meet another witness that would openly admit to being our way inclinded. If they did, they would be very niave and wont be round for long.

Most of the single sisters I found are:

• Under 16 but look 21, who want to pioneer when the grow up.
    • Ex-worldly new bloods.
    • Devout hardline pioneers looking for bethelite, MS, Elder wanabes.
    • "the waiting till the new system" / ugly
    • Sisters with bad reputations. Usually more interested in having a good time. Who also pioneers.
    • Older. Desperate.
    • Divorces who can remarry & those that cant. Who are trying to pioneer.
    • Self harming, depressed types no one ever sees.

Your bet are targeting the latter ones in the list.

• Waffles
    Waffles

Maybe find a nice worldly girl instead. From what I gather, you cannot be DF'd for marrying an evil worldly person, just "marked" or something. Just don't let 'em know that you did teh evil intercourse before marriage. Eventually the crap will blow over and you'll still be allowed to talk to your family and whatnot.

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

Yep, I really wish there was a dating site for "us" ;)

• yknot
    yknot

Well under your criteria........ two ideas come to mind

1: EX-JW meetups, the gal being from 'out of town'.

2: You are gonna have to start visiting various congregations in your circuit (and nearby others) to seek out that special gal who is marked 'spiritually weak'.

Maybe you should just do what most people do...... date people who you find attractive and interesting and see where it goes.

• Dagney
    Dagney

There have been many happy hookups from this board.

Start getting to know people on the board personally if you haven't so far, and attend meetups. Most people here have been right where you are, and everyone here has valued discretion as needed. It's is a little scary at first, but I can assure you, everyone I've met has had great respect for teh journey we are all on.

Best wishes!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Well, people who are marked should be allowed to marry each other. Unforturnately, this is never the case. Someone who is marked has trouble finding a good mate within the organisation. This can go on almost 'forever'.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit