JW's are a small club....JWD types...we are VERY small club......

by oompa 7 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

That worldwide brotherhood thingy is real for the most part......i have traveled all over and it came in handy many a time. I liked how there was an instant bond with someone you just met, and you had so much in common. One time on a long vacation......at a very exclusive tropical place......a couple gave us their resort home for several days while they were out of town....i had just met them at the KH that morning....

anyhoo.....the thing is....I have had the same experience with those i have met from JWD......talk about an even smaller club!......but there is an instant bond, and fast friendship.....two couples in particular i had over for dinner once.....we had talked on phone and here too, but it was like being with old friends........oompa

funny how when leaving this cult it seems that making new friends starts with those exactly like us.....so now have many DF friends as well..........

lol...JWD "worldwide brotherhood" is the anti-typical JW "worldwide brotherhood"

• net1261
    net1261

I agree with you. There's an exwitness that I drove 13 hours to see. I knew we would click if for no other reason, we were both former pioneers and around the same age and had issues with witness parents. I had total trust in her (to stay at her house etc) mainly because I knew she used to be a pioneer (and a really zealous pioneer, not the ones that do it just to show off). But it's kind of frightning because it was much the same as when I would trust to stay in someone's house just because I knew they were a witness, when i was a witness.

• oompa
    oompa

omg...if there is one..........some of here are a mess.....thanks net..........oomps

so pm me so i can drive to you!.......

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And the best part is that you do not have to agree with every doctrine to hold those friendships. You could have atheists or Devil worshipers getting along with Christians, without judging others based on what they believe.

Try that in the congregation of Jehovah's Witlesses.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Well, I know there is comradarie there but I have yet to meet any EX-JWs'. I've only had the priviledge to have verbally spoken to two or three besides the posting here. Maybe one of these days.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

I agree Oompa.

I've made and met several friends thru this board. Hopefully I'll travel further a field and meet more in time.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I miss that WW Brotherhood thang also. But it's gone gone gone. I had nothing but great experiences with it in my travels. It is a little strange now to be in a foreign country and end up ignoring the JW's you see.

Have to make different memories now...

I have met many from the board...and every single one has been just great. I am fortunate to have some close to me, and even though we don't see each other regularly, we are in communication. It is a gift, a real gift.

I guess we really are a very very small club, with open membership and growing.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Well I have only been a study (and quickly realized it was a religion that was full of nonsensical doctrines) but I love you guys!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit