Can most Witnesses distinguish between God and the WT Organization?

by BonaFide 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I don't think they can. Yesterday, in one of those conversations I try to have, I talked to an older sister. She was waiting outside the Hall for her ride, so I sat down and talked to her, just about like old times as a Witness, Theocratic history. She has been baptized 38 years.

Anyway, I was saying about why did some leave in 1975. She replied, "Well, they got impatient with Jehovah, and they took it out on him by leaving."

So I said: You mean they got impatient with the Society

Sister: Yes, that's right, they get angry with Jehovah because the end hasn't come yet

Me: No, I mean they don't get angry with Jehovah, they get angry with the Society

Sister: Well, yes. They should be patient and wait on Jehovah

Me: I think what the problem was that the WT said the end was coming back then and it didn't

Sister: Yes, well, no one knows the day nor the hour

Me: Oh, ok

Nowhere to go on that one, I tried three times. So I just talked about something else. But even though I know I was like that, it's amazing to actually see it. Most Witnesses make no distinction between Jehovah God and the Organization. THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME. They don't even THINK FOR A SECOND that the Organization is not run by Jehovah.

How are we going to get past that?

BF

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I don't know how we get past that way of thinking, Bonafide, but I do what I can.

I am very fond of the phrase "she didn't leave Jehovah, she left the Witnesses," but it means nothing to them. They are afraid... and a faith based on fear is not based on love.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I think we can do it, we just need a good system. Or else as so many have pointed out, we need a big scandal or another GB leaving.

It would be nice if everything came crashing down before Ray Franz passes away. He deserves to see it happen after all he has done.

BF

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    It would be nice if everything came crashing down before Ray Franz passes away. He deserves to see it happen after all he has done.

Interesting timeline! I don't know if we will see it come "crashing down" in the near future... but I think what we are seeing right now... due to the internet and not so slightly due to this very site... is the foundation crumbling.

Bonafide, have you read any of Hassan's books yet? Combatting Cult Mind Control is still readily available, though I think the other one might be out of print.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Yes, first chapter.

BF

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The WT became so much like God, I indeed thought they were trying to actually teach there was no God.

Without ever coming out and saying it.

It was the "sacred secret" spoken of in the Bible.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have had very similar conversations with my family members.

If there is a way to get through to them that there is, or might be, a difference, I haven't found it.

You can almost hear the 'ding' as my carefully selected words bounce off into space.

Cheers

Chris

• flipper
    flipper

BONAFIDE- No. Not at all. The WT Organization is God to Jehovah's Witnesses. And this is due to the fact they are under the influence of cult mind control to view it that way

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.....No!!!... ....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

The implication therefore, is God…..Wts…..= !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heb. 6 v 18………….it is impossible for god to lie………………

God and the society equal! THAT’S THE BIGGEST LIE YET

KT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit