The end the system of things

by purplesofa 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

When exactly is the end?

"Look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things." Matt 28:20

24 Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet. 26 As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing. 27 For [God] “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone. 1Cor15:24-28

• Satanus
    Satanus

Mt28's end was 70ce. Don't know about paul's eschatology.

S

• sspo
    sspo

That's after the 1000 year reign according to the watchtower.

If you find out, give me a call

• blondie
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

At 70 CE what system of things ended?

Thank-you

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Purps: "When exactly is the end?"

Soon. It's always ending soon.

So, what exactly does "soon" mean?

• dogon
    dogon

I was the temporary end to Jehovah's rule among his people, according to JWs it goes to the dream of the tree being cut down and banded, meaning the temporary end to gods rule on earth and the times of the gentiles.

• angeleyes110900
    angeleyes110900

No one knows when the end will come, and anyone whom tries to predict it is a false prophet.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks dogon

What end are you referring to angeleyes?

• Satanus
    Satanus

'At 70 CE what system of things ended?'

The jewish one, you silly. Jesus was a jew, for jews, against jewish rulers, collecting jewish groupies, etc, etc. Although, there is the belief that jesus actually plotted to overthrow the romans from jerusalem (israel?). Mt28 works well w that belief, jesus was supporting his groupies until they overthrew the romans.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit