Gilead teaches that Watchtower Presidents prophetically pointed to!?

by yadda yadda 2 17 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I read the following on http://governingbodyletters.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2009-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=50

"It means you are still a babe to the fact that Jehovah's Witnesses really teach that practically ALL "faithful" Old Testament charecters from Noah and Abraham through Elijah and Elishah and David to Hezekiah are prophetic of the Presidents of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. The one I refer to the most is as an answer to one of the questions on a Gilead test, Elijah prophetically pointed to Judge Rutherford, Elisha pointed to N H Knorr. That is my favorite, that is when I realized I was mislead. But to be fair, Jehovah's Witnesses teach that most all of these characters refer to the leadership of Jehovah's Witnesses, the Governing Body. "

Wow. Is this actually true or is the blogger perhaps distorting what is actually taught at Gilead on this?

yadda

• sspo
    sspo

We all got sucked in into beleiving all this bull.

Now i realize they are truly freaking nuts into beleiving that everything in the bible prophetically pointed

to the watchtower, presidents, convention, fds, elders and so on........when will the insanity end?

• Nostromo
    Nostromo

Do they really still teach this in Gilead???

• VM44
    VM44

They just make things up. The Watchtower is very good at doing that.

• carla
    carla

is this in print by the wt somewhere?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So the Gay Governing body member Chitty is prophetically Jezabel.......lol.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Yes - and the camels that Rebeccah rode over to meet Isaac are prophetic types of the Witchtower Litterature.

And what comes out of camels?

HB

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hi Yada. Yes, that is true, I wrote that. I didn't realize it made it to that site, but that paragraph is from this blog... (I also put it on here somewhere)

What Gilead Taught Me

It's all 100% true, and it a big part of the indoctrination one gets at Gilead.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

(1961) - "Let Your Name Be Sanctified" - page 335

I remember studying this book. The whole book was pretty much devoted to showing that the faithful and discreet slave was pre-figured by Elijah. When Rutherford died in January 1942, "the Elijah work passed to be succeeded by the Elisha work." Especially interesting is Chapter 18 of this book, but I don't have time to go into it. But when you read between the lines, you realize that Elijah passing the work on to Elisha was the same as Rutherford passing the work on to Knorr.

In fact, it is suggested that there were more than just Knorr. On page 335 it states that "Rutherford was abed on the Pacific Coast in December 1941 (shortly before his death) when two men of the anointed remnant (one since 1913 and one since 1922) and one of the "other sheep" (since 1934) were summoned from Brooklyn headquarters to Rutherford's bedside at the home called "Beth-sarim." I believe the one from 1913 was Fred Franz, the one from 1922 was Knorr, and the "other sheep" guy was Hayden Covington (who later fell out of favor).

I think Raymond Franz commented on this event in one of his books--much more clearly than I

• iceguy
    iceguy

I was wondering if anyone knows why there has not been anything recent on "governing body letters?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit