Need a little help

by Cognitive_Dissident 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

Hello all,

I haven't posted on here for quite a while, but I was wondering if someone could do me a huge favor and look up the definition of apostasy for me in the Reasoning Book. I'm at my University's library working on a paper and I forgot to bring along the ol' Reasoning Book. I tried to find it online but had no success. If someone could do that for me I would be eternally grateful and would shower said person with love and affection.

CD

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

"Apostasy is abandoning or deserting the worship and service of God, actually a rebellion against Jehovah God. Some apostates profess to know and serve God but reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible but reject Jehovah’s organization."

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

Perfect. Thanks Narkissos. Much appreciated. Consider yourself showered with love and affection. But not in a creepy or gross way.

CD

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

1989 Reasoning From The Scriptures--PDF Click the link at the bottom of the next page. http://www.sendspace.com/file/ry2esf Cheers! Atlantis!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Lol.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

So I must not be an apostate, because I accept and support Jehovah's organization. What I dispute is that this one is his.

• wobble
    wobble

Oh gubberningbody! Ye of little faith! Can't you see the massive pile of evidence for their being chosen in 1919, and so having authority today to speak for God Himself? You can't ?

Perhaps we had better put out an Internet wide request, coz I have to admit I cannot see one SHRED of evidence for this BS either!

Love

Wobble

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

So basically apostasy is rejecting the WTS, when it comes right down to it. Well, isn't that CONVEEEENIENT, as the Church Lady used to say.

• Spook
    Spook

It seems to me a more accurate understanding of Apostasy would be one who is actively trying to cause sectarian divisions within a religion. A little different than heresy.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Spook: wouldn't that rather be "schismatic"? Close to "heretic" (cf. Titus 3:10) actually?

In my understanding, the "apostate" is the person who forsakes a religion altogether, either Judaism (cf. Acts 21:21, apostasia apo Moüseôs, "apostasy from Moses") or, later, Christianity (e.g. Julian the Apostate).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit