Current U.S Federal Judge is a Jehovah Witness... How does this guy not get forced to quit his job and not get in trouble?

by paulmolark 14 Replies latest jw friends

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Witnesses judge every day, they are the most judgmental people in town!

Ironically, my mother says she can't serve on a jury because it would hurt her conscience to judge another person.

• undercover
    undercover

JWs don't vote, don't get involved in politics, don't join the military, don't pledge allegiance to the flag...

but they can be US federal judges.

If an active JW went around promoting doing any of the aforementioned things, he'd be hauled in front of a JC faster'n you can say UN NGO.

But having a US federal judge might come in handy to the ole corporation. So, after prayerful consideration, tis okay by the leaders in their ivory tower.

Bastards.

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

I don't think the brothers at Bethel know who everyone individual is and I highly doubt "they let him continue" as a judge, because one day he might become useful to them. They've probably never heard of him. Also, if he isn't a servant then you're not held under the microscope the same way.

Again, this thread and others get carried away by emotion rather than logic. He's a judge and a witness. Technically, this isn't an issue in witness-land. Anyone know him personally? If not how can we impune his integrity?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Not to be a contrarian, but if serving on a jury is a conscience matter, why wouldn't being a judge be a conscience matter, too? A judge doesn't always act as a finder-of-fact, although he does in a bench trial.

Federal judges are also appointed, not elected, so it would seem to be more of a civil service type of a job, albeit an immensely prominent one.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yea, I know gun tooting cops and high ranking fireman that are dubs in 'good standing'. Both the police and fire departments are semi-military organizations in structure. The chariot is moving in strange directions!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit