The WT asks: Was the Flood of Noah's Day Really Global?

by undercover 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower quote of John McCampbell (see Leolaia's post) comes from Henry Morris' book, The Genesis Flood, published in 1962.

The last sentence in The Watchtower article about the Flood is: "As surely as the Noachian Flood did overwhelm the earth, so God’s loving-kindness will be with those trusting in him."

As there was no Noachian Flood then the statement that God's loving kindness will be with those trusing in him is empty!

And what is with this sentence from the same article? "For those who believe that the Bible is God’s Word, though, a global flood is more than a possibility. It is a fact."

Is the writer saying that facts are determined by what one believes? It appears that this is what is being said.

Beliefs determining what the facts are is one of the indicators of a cultish belief system.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

For me, reading the below well thought out letters about the flood to the governing body were an awakening - and their response unbelievable!

http://www.dimaggio.org/Heretic/1st_corr.htm

http://www.watchtowerletters.com/Home.html

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It is time to apply some Dubthinc TM to the matter of the flood.

You see, the figurative flood washig away sinners was symbolic of the ranson sacrifice of Jesus, which washes away the sins of those who exercise faith and attends meetings. These ransomed people who have sin washed out of their lives are members of the Noah Class.

• Spook
    Spook

The slippery slope argument about Jesus mentioning the flood is bad.

If I say "Just like the three little pigs..." I can still convey a message without actually believing the three little pigs story represents a real event. Sane christians have no problem with issues like this.

JW's have already lost the biblical literacy debate anyway. Jesus, if he existed, is not recorded as calling Yahweh by name. This cannot be reconciled with the claim that the divine name is either (1) relevant (2) obvious or (3) important AND ALSO that the bible is (1) accurate (2) sufficient (3) Original. So one of the following disjuncts must be true:

1. Either inerrant theism is false (and therefore Jehovah's Witnesses are false) or

2. Jehovah's witnesses are false even though another inerrant theism is true or

3. At least the divine name doctrine is false or

4. At least the biblical inerrancy doctrine is fales.

It seems to me that no matter what, it is logically impossible for Jehovah's Witnesses to have the truth. That's why I say I KNOW they are wrong, not that I believe they are wrong. I'm a capital A Atheist about their theism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit