What does Romans 10:9,10 mean to a JW?

by Colton 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Colton,

Nothing really as you have ascertained. Obviously they don't put any emphasis on being saved.

Saved from what? The second death Revelation 2:11 Revelation 20:6 Revelation 20:14 Revelation 21:8

Oh, that figures, they do not believe in that either!

Please see my post here 2 where I have just written a lot directly on this verse you have quoted, the JW heresy compared with the obvious biblical meaning.

This is the full thread if you want the background.

Leolaia, slimboyfat et al. - how difficult?

All the best,

Stephen

• bennyk
    bennyk

As HB stated: "Any member of the "crowd" could now point out that the commission to preach publicly was given only to the annointed.

And why not? Maybe someday one of the "Other Sheep" will read Isaiah 61:1 ("The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, for the reason that Jehovah has anointed me to tell good news to the meek ones.")

• sspo
    sspo

Scriptures that don't support or relate to a JW " unique teachings" don't mean a thing to them.

On the other hand, it's being done by the Mormons, Catholics, born again and every religion

out there to block every scripture that doesn't jive with their belief.

Religion is nothing but a fantasy in people's mind.

• Lieu
    Lieu

In my ten years as a JW, there was absolutely no emphases to the importance of this scripture. What did this scripture mean to the average JW?

Um, nothing.

You could even loudly exclaim that "Jesus is Lord to the Glory of Jehovah" and they'd freak the hell out. Oh no !, you mentioned Jesus!

Notice how they can't even mention Jesus? He's always "the Lamb","the Word", "the Greatest Man", etc ... like he doesn't have a name except at the end of a prayer.

I want to see a WT or a Book that simply says Jesus on the front.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Good point. They don't like that name one bit. There is power in that His name.

Acts 4:7-12 (New International Version)

7 They had Peter and John brought before them and began to question them: "By what power or what name did you do this?"

8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: "Rulers and elders of the people! 9 If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a cripple and are asked how he was healed, 10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 He is
    " 'the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the capstone.' 12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

The WT are like the Sanhedrin

7 But to stop this thing from spreading any further among the people, we must warn these men to speak no longer to anyone in this name."

18 Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus.

Thus they talk all day long about "Jehovah" and his witnesses, not Christ's

Acts 1:8 (New International Version)

8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

All the best, Stephen

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

They use it to justify public evangelizing. Of course, the parts about personally confessing belief in Jesus resurrection for personal salvation are sort of underplayed.

The WTS always underplays personal salvation, because they believe people are only saved in groups, not individually. YOu only have a personal relationship with God through them, Christ is apparently not enough of a mediator without an assist from them.

blah blah blah

In the older writings, Jesus was mentioned a LOT more often, I've noticed, but he's been phased out so much that I'm surprised he even gets second billing anymore.

How can you be "Christian" and exclude Christ so much? Puzzling, ain't it? *G*

If personal experience means anything at all, I get more peace, love and joy praying to Christ as my Lord and Savior than I ever did praying to Jehovah through Christ as a JW. *G*

A recent development I thought I'd try. It's working out pretty well. *G*

Me, the spiritual seeker/experimenter! I'll try anything once, twice if I like it!

• BU2B
    BU2B

bump

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

i have too been doing a lot of study concerning this subject and there a lot of scriptures that say it Jesus name that we get saved and that Jesus has all power and authority. Its like the Emporer of a great nation a long way off sends his price or a minor king to our nation and gives him the seal that shows he has all power and authority to speak for the emporer but instead of talking to him we insisted on sending people all the way over to were the Emporer lives. Thats what the JW leaders are doing, they are not giving full credit and understanding to what Jehovah has done with Jesus. They may be doing this out of their desire to distence themselves from any trinity teaching but they are totally disrespecting Jesus.

and on another note all people that believe christ is the messiah are adopted sons of god and are anointed with holy spirit upon baptism. So do not let the GB tell you that you are not anointed and only they are!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit