Why the sudden change of heart?

by megs 18 Replies latest jw friends

• megs
    megs

After reading two consecutive posts about people returning to the fold, I have to ask a question... On some level, be it conscious or otherwise, have world events of the past year caused some to reconsider that we are in the "end times"?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

No. :-)

• megs
    megs

glad to hear it Jeff!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yes. :-)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

LOL @ 6of9..... :)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

maybe. :-D

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Some set up two absolute choices:

1) Either JWism s right.

2) Or there is no God, no spirit, no everlasting life, no hope, and no future.

BTS

• megs
    megs

This is just my humble opinion... but you are conditioned to look for "signs" that the end is near, and although it's a bunch of rubbish, on some level, I would imagine that any kind of world calamity would be cause for concern...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Jehovah has sent the Swine Flu to scare his scattered minions back to the Kingdom Halls. Here, they will find the Spiritual Paradise provided by the Comfort of a Lie.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Seriously though - that might be true for some. In our country at least, there even seems to be some sort of unrest amongst people who left religion or never had anything to do with it - a kind of 'spiritual hunger' - or a 'spiritual panic'?

For example, this year there were newspaper columnists actually bemoaning the fact that the true meaning of easter was ignored, that children aren't taught about it any more. They are trumpeting about 'traditional Christian values' which have been lost or eroded. We want to celebrate St George's day - there was a petition raised by a non-churchgoer to have all church bells rung - why??? Why celebrate a saint's day when you don't even subscribe to the faith which created the saint in the first place?!

the only way I can describe it is that the population want the churches to do something to fix the mess - "otherwise we're doomed", its weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit