Fiji Bethel Scandal

by Mattieu 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    somewhere deep inside my heart i still think that it is the Truth...what do you think?

Their primary claim is that they were selected by Jesus in 1919 to be Jehovah's sole channel of communication. Considering the number of failed prophetic teachings and on/off/on/off rules and doctrines, were they really chosen? ... were they chosen but weren't listening? .... and how can they 'prove' the 1919 date?

By their fruits you will know them .... and their fruits are failures. Jehovah has never stopped any leaders of this church from making fools of themselves, their followers, and their god, and I am ashamed that I was associated with people that took this American doomsday church to the Islands. When I was a kid, I used to laugh at the John Frum cult, but Dad's church's promises were just as empty.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I suggest you do some research on the JWs, Kaiviti.

Look up "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz. He was a GB member and his uncle, Fred Franz was the president of the WTS at one time. Ray Franz had some very unique insight into how the WTS operated.

I suggest you read it and then tell us if you still think it's "the truth" anymore.

• Black Sheep
  • maisha
    maisha

By their fruits you will know them .... and their fruits are failures. Jehovah has never stopped any leaders of this church from making fools of themselves, their followers, and their god,

Didnt the Israelites do the same? ?

For that matter which religion isnt doing it also?

NONE!.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Welcome, KAVITI, to this site. When we grew up in our youth, there are many things/thoughts to unravel. Mind control can truly impact and take advantage of youth. You need to read a lot to unravel the lies we were taught. This site can help you in re-evaluating in why the Watchtower organization did not help you in any way.

In Fiji, 2010 Service Report had 280 baptized. 2011 had 121 baptized. A 56.8% decrease. Though, an increase in pubs. showed. So, will watch for trend.

Is Fiji a "branch" of the organization yet?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome KAIVITI!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome aboard KAIVITI!

Thanks for the information.

You have to love the purity of God's org. :)

The Oracle

• james_woods
    james_woods

As an aside: Wouldn't you just know that the very first thing to get under the WTBTS skin would have to do with THEIR MONEY?

• KAIVITI
    KAIVITI

Thanx for the comments

Gayle, i think they have a sign board at Bethel reading JEhovah's Witnesses Fiji Branch..they just extended the comlex a few years ago i suppose...

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It's funny. I heard about this scandal a few years ago. I briefly meet the main man that was involved in the scandal. Him and his wife were living in South Auckland at the time. I remember been surprised at the time when I was told what he had been up to in Fiji because they were such nice people. If he was up to no good he certainly wasn't a wealthy man. I'm guessing he would probably be dead now, and haven't seen them in years. Really nice couple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit