my jw sister just freaked out on me...facebook topic

by homeschool 8 Replies latest jw friends

• homeschool
    homeschool

man....my older sis came over to help me out with an apron I'm trying to sew. I told her I was gonna set her up a facebook account and she freaked out on me! almost like an anxiety attack. she said she's busy enough as it is and, while she loves the jw's on there that I was telling her about, she would rather wait to converse with them in the new system. By this point, I'd had three beers , so I just kept sayin' to myself "homeschool, dont EeeeeeVen go there." lol.... i was being totally nice about it and explained that i'm "friends" with childhood friends of ours from 20 years ago! Like, two of them are regular pioneers and I was explaining it to her....and then I said 'there's even groups you can join so you can meet jw's from all over the world"....I swear, before I was even done with that sentence, she said "OH nO, I dont trust THOSE"....lol. But, I wasnt even joking or trying to fool her. there REALLY ARE true jw groups on there where people talk about all the encouraging points at the meetings and conventions and how the memorial was wonderful and uplifting ..... my whole point was to try to get her to re-kindle friendships with people who are still jw's who she hasnt seen in 20 years. Ok, so i totally had ulterior motives & it backfired.... lol....just thought I'd share my evening with you

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Wow! They really are taught to be paranoid aren't they?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Very funny. Your sister sounds obsessed, which will make things hard for you though.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Your sister has every right to feel that way. Quite frankly I'm surprised that no one has gone in with an axe handle and beat the sheist out of some of these elders who encourage the rank and file to become fifth-column "friends".

When I was an elder (still am on the books), I remember getting calls from some bitter old biddies who wanted to turn someone in for some minor disgression and I just thanked them and said we'd look into it and then blew it off.

• homeschool
    homeschool

what's a fifth column friend?

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

its funny that jws are allowed facebook profiles but not myspaces... when i was leaving myspace was really being talked down as pretty much evil. They even counciled me for having a music myspace.

• homeschool
    homeschool

Yes, jwfacts....in reality, it is hard. When it happened last night, i was just shocked at her quick negative freak out reaction! (plus I'm always a happy drunk so I didnt wanna pick a fight) ..... but i asked her to let me set one up for her and to give it a chance for two weeks. if she wanted to after that, she could quit. But she just wasnt hearing it. my hubby said he remembers at the conventions a couple years ago that they slammed My Space from the stage, but that people still joined...even pioneers and ms's. When I was still a jw, i'd probably have followed the Kingdumbhall rules like my sis....

• homeschool
  • loosie
    loosie

Facebook is the devil!!!!!!!!!!!

(loosie runs screaming)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit