What I did this morning instead of service

by palmtree67 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

OK, so my man coaches pee-wee football. So I go at 10 this morning to watch 13 eight to ten year olds fumble around on the field for 2 hours. But this was an "optional" practice and so the ones who showed up - really wanted to be there to learn. Bless their litttle hearts. Soooo cute.

Then at 1:00, it was Community Clean-up at all the football fields. Some of the kids from practice stayed for clean-up. I saw whole families show up, including one little 3 1/2 yr old boy, who said to his mom, "Mommy, Let's do more! I am so excited! Do you know why? Cus it's good for the environment!"

It made me think I have missed something. While I was dragging my kids out in FS when it was 40 below and bribing them with a hot chocolate at 10:30 am......

My neighbors were out cleaning up winter gargabe build-up, in nice little family groups, having fun and enjoying each other and the day.

I am really thinking about things right now.... I know you all will know what I'm talking about.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I know exactly what your talking about..Enjoying your life and loved ones..Instead of pounding on doors early in the morning..Pissing people off,on one of their only days off.....And..Acomplishing nothing......Nice is`nt it?.................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I know. People brought food to share - sandwiches, hot coffee, bottled water. Just like the Witnesses.

Do the JW's think they have cornered the market on showing love of neighbor?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Actually,Yes they do..LOL!!..Any kindness shown outside their organization does`nt count..Thats why it`s not recognised......................OUTLAW

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Yes!!

I think that's what it is. I accomplished something. It DOES feel good.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Don't you just love Saturday morning now. Soccer games in the fall, basketball in the winter, softball in the spring. Go out to breakfast, shop, go to the pool, mow the lawn. Energy to go out in the evening. Life is good!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Spend time with your family now. Build up good relationships. Have fun together. Don't destroy your family with the JW lifestyle. I know, because it happened to the family I grew up in. Oh, how I wish we had spent time at the ballfieds on Saturday mornings!

• outofservice
    outofservice

Yes life is good ...... now! Happiness in the simple things that mean so much. Our family participates in community events that help everyone. You really feel like you are doing something good, compared to the drudgery of imposed service to the Watchtower.

• k9groomer
    k9groomer

"Don't you just love Saturday morning now."

I'm glad you're all enjoying your Sat. mornings! I usually work, great dog grooming business day, but today I played hookey to enjoy the beautiful weather and attend a dog training seminar for my own dogs.

I was a very shy child and I remember I was SO happy that I could finally have enough courage to knock on a door. I was doing Jehovah's work. Glad I didn't do that often, I'd probably be a basket case today lol.

That bothers me now that JW's only do things for JW's. Our church is going to do relay for life this year and they do other community activities. One of our church classes recently cooked for the kids that attended on Wed. nights, we committed to doing this once a month. Most of their parents don't attend church and just send the kids in a van out for an evening. They hold classes so the kids to get to know Jesus. Jesus went out and preached among sinners. I'm almost positive that he didn't look at them and shun them (especially children) because they were "worldly."

WOW am I so glad I physically removed myself and most recently mentally, it's such a FREE feeling!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Now, instead of promoting the Washtowel Slaveholdery, I bash that corporation. And justly so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit