Can't speak with me, unless they need something

by Stan Conroy 69 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Even if this particular poster is not yet DFd or DAd, the JW literature is very clear about how to treat people who are on the fence and spiritual black holes and spiritual endangerments, and spiritual zeroes and spiritually weak and......well you get the drift. They catagorize EVERYBODY into neat little pockets so they can stand back and judge you....to make themselves feel superior to SOMEBODY.

I saw people being MARKED all the time, and the treatment is EXACTLY THE SAME as if that person was DAd or DFd. They might just as well be invisible or dead to the JWs around them. If the JWs in a hall collectively decide someone is of one of the above listed categories, they are ignored. There are no calls, no visits, no concern whatsoever for their wellbeing because the JWs think if they go NEAR that person, that their spiritual zero-ness will jump onto the JW or something. But in any event, it gives them an excuse to ignore the one who should, youd think, need more LOVE and COMPASSION about now.

So perhaps it isnt black and white that an "inactive" person should be exorcized from their relatives' lives...but they damn well do it and they damn well know they can get away with it and get whole hearted support for doing so from the "friends".

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    My question is, as before, where does it mention SHUNNING? And what if the person isn't immoral or a drunkard etc, why would a JW have to stop associating with them? Do me the decency and provide me with an answer please so that I can sleep tonight.

Like I said, maybe R could tell us the name of her congregation so we could all go take a look. Maybe speak to the Elders themselves. They seem to be pretty lenient so I myself would like to get their names and pass them along to the Elders I know..maybe let them get together and have a gabfest on how they lay down the rules. That might help sort out some of the confusion.....we can let the Society know what we come up with. sammieswife.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa....you are not seriously telling me that by you there is latitude on dealings with daed/df individulas are you? Seriously. Answer that one directly- yes or no???

There is no latitude here. It is total shunning execept NECESSARY family business.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Guys we've missed a first poster...

Welcome milola, you'll find many here who have been through a similar experience.

Paul

• boyzone
    boyzone

Isaac

There must be some latitude depending on the personalities on the body of elders locally. My parents don't shun me and I'm DA'd. If they were being pressured to stick to the Society rules I would be history.

Of course I don't know how long this'll last. If the CO is a hardliner and hears about the latitude the elders have given my parents, things could change. But for now I'm just happy mum & dad aren't under pressure.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Oh sorry.....hi Milola and welcome to JWN, glad to have you with us

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

wow you are very in tune on the latest rules on dealings with df/da individual Reniaa....and used the pronoun 'we'.

Also the word allowed- so you admit you are controlled by the WT rules and not by one's conscience. You are admitting the mind control of the cult.

• isaacaustin
  • 1 Corinthians 5:11
    But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.
  • 2 Thessalonians 3:14
    If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.
  • Reniaa- why did you stop at verse 14? It continues on not to consider the person an enemy but continue admonishing them as a brother.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    There must be some latitude depending on the personalities on the body of elders locally. My parents don't shun me and I'm DA'd. If they were being pressured to stick to the Society rules I would be history.

Well, ya know, that's just what needs to be addressed.

God's organization should be all the same..isn't the same voice being heard by those who have been elevated to princedom? If the Bible is really being used to justify these actions, then the application must be the same or they mean nothing.

There should be a list - if a person is out, then this is the way they are to be treated. The WTS has no legs on it and if they keep calling on conscience to make the decisions, then let's have a majority rules.

I've written the society 3 times now asking for clarification on a few issues, the latest one was how the Society allows some Elders to act out of revenge instead of truthfulness. I think I'd like to write them on this one as well. They never bother to write back which is pretty funny, you'd think that God's voice would want to be heard and I'd at least get something from them, but not a peep.

Maybe I'll try again. sammieswife.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The elders manual itself says it will not df for association within families.

I beleive the elders manual says "need not", not "will not"- is this correct?

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit