Are You Sorry?

by Yizuman 18 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

Are you sorry you knocked door to door?

I was forced into it by my parents when I was 12, so I have nothing to be sorry about. I wasn't given a choice.

Are you sorry you converted new members? Did you tell them you were sorry?

I never converted anyone. I was a very reluctant dub.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Why should I be sorry since I was raised from birth as a dub? I had absolutely no choice back then.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Nah, I have no guilt for the things I did as a witness. You can't live your life in the past.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

i didnt really do what everyone else did -- i really think at the time i was simply just inspiring people to read their bibles more. No harm in that, and i never went all that early. I really hope some listened, as long as they didnt get involved with the religion side of things.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

I apologize because I have some in my family that may have been influenced by my decision to get baptized and become a dub.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At least I learned from my mistakes--it was a complete scam, and I had no information that what I was doing was wrong. However, I now know it was wrong, that it was bad for society (it wasted time plus got them into the same scam), and I have discontinued field circus for that reason (besides, it was bad for me because it wasted my time as well).

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

BTTT!

Anyone else?

Yiz

• Colton
    Colton

Door knocking is such a ineffective ministry. The apostles didn't go house to house. People don't like opening their doors to strangers and why would anyone trust anything a stranger has to say to them? In my case, when I spoke to the householder they were already Christian and belonged to a Christian church. THAT SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH! Nope. We gotta ensnare them in the clutches of the Watchtower. Besides, what exactly was the "good news" that we were sharing? That they will be destroyed at Armageddon (and their children) if they didn't become Jehovah's Witnesses? Bah! Fortunately, I didn't convert anyone. My wife and I put in TWO HOURS each month in Field Service.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

That's why I don't do it anymore!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit