Could the Holy Spirit Lead in Opposition to the "Spirit-Directed" Organization?

by compound complex 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

I suppose the obvious question would be why the holy spirit hasn’t intervened on any previous occasion in the last 140 years.

Why , for example , didn’t it intervene when Rutherford performed his coup to take over the WTS. An obvious occasion for intervention would be when Franz , Dunlap et al were trying to reform the WTS in the late 70’s.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Of course, the Holy Spirit does, dear CoCo.

There are many on the board that can testify to this.

Sylvia

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

When I started to "drift away" from the party line I thought of it almost exactly in those terms.

Many times before I had been thinking about the "heroes" whom the WT praised for standing against their religious establishment (from the OT prophets to Luther) and wondered if I would be able to do the same with mine. Frankly I doubted it, feeling relieved that I would never have to do that as I was in the "right" one... :)

When my time came it was a painful but amazingly simple thing to do. Doing otherwise was simply unthinkable.

But the most painful part was probably admitting that the "Holy Spirit" could actually lead people in opposite directions. The trick of ascribing contradictory experiences to "Satan" didn't work any longer... Incidentally, that's how I understood the text of Mark 3 quoted by Chalam above.

I'm not exactly on the same "belief-basis" anymore (to borrow from CoCo's phrase) but I benefited from this experience.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good morning CoCo!..It`s been happening for years..Ray franz..Barb Anderson..Bill Bowen..Ect..Ect..........Unfortunately the WBT$ has such a deach grip on thier Religious Cult..It makes absolutely no difference with in the Jehovah`s Witness congregations... Bow Down Wave ....................OUTLAW

• compound complex
    compound complex

... the prophets in the Old Testament were always outsiders looking in. God never used the leaders to put things right..he always got some someone lowly to expose the leaders. The prophets were often ridiculed or killed for their pronouncements against the apostate leaders.

I benefited from this experience.

Why , for example , didn’t it intervene when Rutherford performed his coup to take over the WTS?

Thank you, yadda, Yknot, buz, dozy, sylvia, didier and OUTLAW for your enlightening thoughts. They're much appreciated.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit