Need advice, they are trying to suck me in!

by Searchinggal 49 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

Searchinggal: They now are asking me for scriptures as to why they are wrong and I am correct.

Just because you can't prove them wrong doesn't mean they are right.

If you haven't already cut off contact with them, here's something you might try. Ask for one of their books -- doesn't really matter which one; they're all the same crap -- and tell them you'll read it and do some independent research on it, then get back to them with questions.

Check out some of the many very good websites (maybe someone here can supply a list) that debunk the WTS's doctrines. And, as an added plus, these sites will document specific instances of murder-by-proxy via the blood doctrine, child molestation cases, the WTS's former alliance with the UN (which they publicly renounce as an agency of Satan), and many other juicy tidbits your friend and her husband will find difficult to debate.

You'll have to set your feelings of friendship aside. Your "friend" and her husband are intent on bullying you into submission. Don't let them do it. No friendship is worth giving up your freedom to think for yourself.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

searchinggal...feel free to pm me with any points you would like help with scripturally....I am here for you

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

searchinggal...feel free to pm me with any points you would like help with scripturally....I am here for you

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

reniaa wrote: We shouldn't despise anyone for what religion they have it is upto God through his son Jesus to Judge all religions and people's when the time has come.

This is the most assinine and hypocritical thought to post this on JWN. That is the very essence of witness culture - to reject all those in 'Christendom'. You should be ashamed of posting this crap, oh wait, I forgot. You have no shame, you are just a troll.

• Gordy
    Gordy

how do I stay her good friend without becoming a JW?

You can be her good friend - but she cannot be yours.

Her loyalty to the Watchtower will come before any friendship,ask the many on here who have lost friends and family, because the Watchtower says so.

If you became a JW and somewhere down the line you left, she would have to immediately cut off any contact with you.

If you want to keep the friendship, don't become a JW.

• Gordy
    Gordy

reniaa

I myself am returning because I think it is true biblically.

My God, you must be blind. mad or stupid or all three!!

Of them the proverbs are true: "A dog returns to its vomit,"and, "A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud." "

• Searchinggal
    Searchinggal

Just wanted to keep you all up to date. They have backed off a bit in the last few weeks, I am not sure why, they do have company. I am learning so much from reading this site. I have been appalled at the disfellowshipping, the shunning and the general family wrecking this cult has done. One thing that really jumped out at me, was someone said, "How can the JWs complain about all of the other pagan religions, when JW founder had pagan symbols on gravesite,pyramid calculations, Masons and lots more". So I did some of my own research on this, since they have complained in the past to me about my Lutheran background (pagan) my husbands Catholic background (pagan), I found it fascinating that the JWs first years of conception are steeped in paganism. What do you all think of this? Since she is always hammering me on paganism, wouldn't they be interested in the history of their religion, or am I making more trouble for myself?

Searchinggal

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I've never been a dub, but I, like you have JW friend. I asked a simple question, which they couldn't answer - "less than 100 years ago, the JWs were known as Bible Students. The Bible Students still exist with the same basic beliefs - who changed, and why? And why would I believe one group over the other and why would you?"

They were clueless and left me alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit