JW Teens Can Be Very Mischevious..... And Other Internet Observations.

by AllTimeJeff 13 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I agree with you on most of what you said Daniel, but I think it a nudge in the wrong direction for an internet forum to be regulated too much. I understand why certain people are protected.

I think it best to merely make some statements if a thread seems odd. I actually trust most readers, if they have some comments to compare, will be able to see who is being honest, etc....

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It just seems like little effort is spent on regulating the obvious trolls, while any effort is spent on regulting the people who get tired of the trolls. WE are the ones contributing to this forum constructively, in many cases for YEARS, and WE'RE the ones silenced when we get fed up with trolls who are just looking for attention. The priorities are skewed, IMO.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Hmmm

I do understand.... Believe me... I have such a strong distaste for the regulation of threads. (beyond obvious ones involving obsceinity, etc...) I think that as wide a swath should be given. Eventually, as long as we hold back our "Really? Wow!" comments and add some perspective, then these so called trolls will back off. They feed off the reactions of us. If we leave them alone, they'll go back to creating spam emails....

I read some of your Bethel experiences. Funny, esp the stuff at the breakfast table and kissing up to the table heads every morning. I have never seen such fear around meals as I did at Bethel. Another JW oddity for sure....

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I just ignore what I don't want to see and it works pretty well.

I learned that trick well as a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit