Kangaroo's on the road

by Mattieu 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi all, driving to work this morning (Tuesday), traffic had to stop to let a mob of kangaroos bounce acrooss the road. They were the lucky ones, every day on my trip to work I see at least one dead Kangaroo that has been hit by a car/truck.

As the suburbs push further out of Melbourne, the kanagroo's become more desperate for food/water, hence it's normal to see them in our estate. At my local golf course, you have to play around the kanagaroo's as they are so used to humans they do not flinch if you are next to them. We have had quite a few j-dubs from the USA and Japan who have come over in the last few years who freak out how close we are to them.

Though I was wondering what animals do you have to avoid in your neck of the woods on the roads overseas?? Moose? Bears? Dick Cheney?

• shamus100
    shamus100

Moose? Yes.

Bears? Yes - sometimes.

Deer - constantley. More akin to you're roo's.

G'day.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Here in Illinois we have Deer constantly running in front of cars . Early morning is the worst time . Mostly cars are just damaged ,but once in a while you hear of someone being killed ?

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Hi TM, same here, though dusk can be just as dangerous. We just had a woman attcked by a hungry kangaroo in her backyard not far from us and ended up in hospital.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25347073-5006505,00.html

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Shamus, g'day to you also, though you can keep the bears & moose, I will just keep on boxing the roo.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Mattieu,

(a combination of Canadian and Aussie)

G'day, eh! Got any petty aboot?

Moose are freaking scary at night. You only see they're feet and they're eyes at the last second. If you were to hit one, you would have NO chance to avoid it. (I nearly hit one, and it was over before I could understand what it was!)

Do those roo's hop out at night?

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Shamus,

Are you a canadian/aussie?? Flamin Canadians, they keep coming over here and taking our women and grog! We have at least 5 Candians bros in our circuit who have maried our women folk and decided to set up tent here, not to mention the 2 american lads as well, flamin heck mate!

Yes, the roos jump out at night, though once they see the headlights, they freeze. We have been told that if they freeze, quickly turn your headlights off and then back on again and it should jump away. Yeah right! Like I have time to do that on a sweeping bend high on a hill! Most people just hit them as they always come of sceond best (dead). Though I have seen first hand the serious damage they do to the car (personal experience). Though I would much prefer a roo to a moose.

PS -

Got any petty aboot?

I understand the aboot ( I always wanted to throw my shoe at the Aussie wife married to the Canadian bro, who after 6 months in Kahnahda, had this thick Canadian accent and saying aboot used to get me razzed up the most) but I dont get the "petty". In the words of Pauline Hanson "Please explain"

Mattieu.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Flamin Canadians, they keep coming over here and taking our women and grog!

The second you get your Aussie brothers out of here, you can ship those Canadian idiots back. I have stories for you - and some nicknames. I'm sure you have them for Canucks too.

Petty = Petrol = Fuel.

What's with dingoes down there? Maybe you could get them to get those Canadian "brothers" and drag them into the outback.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

Shamus,

The second you get your Aussie brothers out of here, you can ship those Canadian idiots back

There is a reason why these Aussie guys have been deported migrated to Canada, they are even bigger idiots than the Canadian guys you sent over! Lets call it even, lol, I actually know a couple of Aussies that have gone over, trust me, they are all yours!

Ah, petrol. Righhhhhhhhttt. No petrol sniffing where we are Shamus.

What's with dingoes down there? Maybe you could get them to get those Canadian "brothers" and drag them into the outback.

C'mon, even our dingoes have standards!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Thank you for clearing this up, Mqattieu. I see quite clearly that in this cross-border exchange, brain function is also being exchanged quite freely.

There was one good aussie out here for a while that I knew. The rest were called JAFFERS. Just Another F*$#! Australian was what it was supposed to stand for. It's in use to this day.

No offense.

I found it quite funny.

I'm sure there are some quite interesting Canadian acronym's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit