What made you a JW?

by radar 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• radar
    radar

Why did you become a DUB?

A Hope for something better?
    An Acceptance that your parents religion was the Truth?
    The belief that the 9 to 5 routine of life would one day end?
    The novelty and relative safety of belonging to such a group.?
    Gave you a purpose to life?
    The moral appearence?
    You never understood the Bible so thought the Watchtower view was logical although radical?
    The idea that suffering will one day end?

Can you remember?

Radar

Like all people who have nothing, I lived on dreams

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Radar,raised a dub,didn`t have a choice.Thank God I was smart enough to get out...OUTLAW

• mindfield
    mindfield

Raised a dub too.

Only one in the family to get out and want to stay out though.

• You Know
    You Know

I know that this probably isn't what you had in mind, but I became one of Jehovah's Witnesses because I recognized that it was the truth. I also recognized the presence of Jehovah's spirit in the congregation and in my own life. Nothing has changed my mind in all these years. In fact, I am more firmly convinced now than ever. Of course, there are many things that need to be corrected, but that's all explained and accounted for in the Scriptures. All and all, for better and for worse, the organization is right where Jehovah said it would be at this point. / You Know

• mindfield
    mindfield

*coughing*Reject!*cough, cough*

Sorry, couldn't help it! Don't take it personnally.

• radar
    radar

Youknow

I posted this as an open topic, and I always appreciate everyones viewpoint.
    Though your view of the watchtower as always baffled me.

Radar

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I don`t always agree with You Know which is most of the time.I don`t agree with some of his post on this thread but at least he`s honest.I would have to say when he`s not ranting and arrogant he`s an interesting read...OUTLAW

• Tammie
    Tammie

I was raised in it. I basicly just took people's word for it, but I grew up, and grew a little wiser. Now I don't take people's word at face value.

The truth can never be hurt by a lie,
    but a lie can be exposed by the truth.

• radar
    radar

Outlaw

I find Youknow interesting

On the old H20 "Youknow" would post regularly, in defense of the Watchtower.
    When H20 was about to dissolve, "Youknow" revealed his belief that the Watchtower had its failings.
    Now he is a lot quieter than before. This maybe due in part that many of his own predictions, like the Watchtower have come to nothing.

He illustrates to me why many JWs will never accept the TRUTH even when it's before their eyes.

Youknow, you said "I also recognized the presence of Jehovah's spirit in the congregation and in my own life."

I respect your view, can you tell me HOW you recognised the presence 0f this spirit?

Radar

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Why did I become a Witness?

I have really rotten luck. I can't win horse shit with whipped cream on it. Thus I was raised a dub.

Goes to show you that you got to make your own luck in this world.

Skipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit