Taxes, tea-parties and the economy

by Spook 17 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Republicans lean toward a class mentality.

Sammie, I think this may be the crux. This is where we came from, and what the founding fathers were trying to prevent happening here. Big money means big power, and big corruption. Things have worked best in this country, when we had regulations to prevent Robber Barons, and Dynasties. We've lost that, along with the power for the worker that we worked so hard and died for over the last century.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

BTTT

I will re read and comment tonight. I missed this....

• avishai
    avishai

Sammie, I think this may be the crux. This is where we came from, and what the founding fathers were trying to prevent happening here.
    Big

money means big power, and big corruption. Things have worked best in this country, when we had regulations to prevent Robber Barons, and

Dynasties.

We've lost that, along with the power for the worker that we worked so hard and died for over the last century

And this applies to Big Business, but not big govt?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

People tend to forget Lord Acton's admonition regarding power.

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks
    And this applies to Big Business, but not big govt?

Define big govt? I mean we keep hearing the right use this term, and yet we've seen more growth in govt under Republicans than we have under Democrats, so just what exactly does it mean?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Who has absolute power Burn?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    and yet we've seen more growth in govt under Republicans than we have under Democrats

Really? Over the last 30 years? Have you seen the current budget? Or are you going to continue parroting this lie?

Both sides have serious flaws.

The conservatives see man as a body freely roaming the earth, building sand piles or factories—with an electronic computer inside his skull, controlled from Washington. The liberals see man as a soul freewheeling to the farthest reaches of the universe—but wearing chains from nose to toes when he crosses the street to buy a loaf of bread.

BTS

• avishai
    avishai

Beks, did I specify a party? No. I've repeatedly said that the huge growth of govt. under the last administration sucked. I'm not a Republican. But your usual blinders come on and so instead of answering my question, you respond with your usual partisan hackery. I like you beks. You have a great heart, mind and intellect, and a sharp wit. That's why I don't get it when you consistently spout party line democratic rhetoric far more often than those you accuse of being the "Fox news" listeners. They're crooked as hell on both sides, republican and democrat, and both sides kiss ass to big business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit