Is WTS Behind Stalking, Espisonage and Harrassment of Ex-JWs?

by Scott77 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

Several Ex-Elders, Bethelites, Ministerial Servants, the rank and files of Ex-JWs on this site are writing about being stalked, harrassed, having their homes peeped through, car broken into while others such as gubberningbody, reports of recieving unsolicited calls from KH elders from another congregation. The numerous stories are very troubling. Although some members have denied this existance of this lllegal activity, the underlying question continues to puzzle our minds: Is WTS Behind Stalking, Espisonage and Harrassment of Ex-JWs? Please, relates your experience before and after leaving the this questionable organisation. Would it be appropriate to report this underground dirty work to law enforcement agencies? If so, how can one gather incredible and powerful evidences?

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Scott, nothing would surprise me. When my JW brother had enough of his sorry excuse for a wife and left, he knew there was no way for him to leave with dignity. He left anyway, and moved away to another part of the state. I was still and uber JW at the time and was sad to see this happen, although I had to admit the wife was pitiful.

Anyway, years later I learned that an elder who had been one of my friends in that part of the state actually participated with others in staking out my brother's home in order to gather evidence against him for fornication. (He was renting a room from a woman at the time) Whether this was an illicit relationship is not the issue here. The idea of these characters sitting outside his home in the middle of the night so they could "catch him the the act," is pretty far out. The elders seem to think they qualify as police, undercover cops, therapists, confessors, financial advisers and anything else that will give them more control over the "flock." Pretty incredible.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Scott77:

Stalking does happen for various reasons. Sometimes, local Elders take it upon themselves to watch some JW suspected of wrongdoing.

When I was giving testimony on behalf of abuse victims against the WTS, I was concerned about being monitored. I was able to establish that some party at the WTS headquarters attempted to hack my computer. My special designed security program stopped it ... and I moved my PC off line for several years. I used another PC without any data one it to conduct online activity.

But, I do not believe that the Society or most Elders care to spy on JWs ... just when it becomes important to the interest of the Society in serious matters ... or in some cases where the local Elders are weird and feel the need to do so.

• Scott77
    Scott77

The elders seem to think they qualify as police, undercover cops, therapists, confessors,

financial advisers and anything else that will give them more control over the "flock." Pretty incredible.

(happpyexjw)
    Oho My God! Iam shocked to the bone. What a monster the WTS is! There is a guy on this site who reported that elders would camp outside his house from 7pm-7a ostensibly "to gather evidence against him." Not only is this seriously disturbing and sadening, but also is revealing expecially coming from those who claim to be 'God's true representative on this earth'. Iam yet to hear a court order for restraint or lawsuit from an Ex-JW. I think many of you will agree we tend to give them a "pass' because we know after all who they are.
  • steve2
    steve2

Paranoia rules! Balance this juvenile allegation with the often-reported lack of contact from the elders. I'm sure that - with maybe one or two exceptions - JWs have neither the time nor the energy to engage in stalking activity.

However, you may need to define what you mean by "stalking" because if you have evidence of this, you can report it to the police (at least in developed countries. On the other hand, if your paranoia is fuelled mainly by hunches or vague allegations, you will find plenty of other similar-minded people on the net who will happily stoke your fires of suspicion.

• garybuss
    garybuss

When I was a young Witness Merlin Marvin from Vermillion and Lance Roberts from Yankton South Dakota stalked me. If those bastards did that today, they'd be in prison where they belong.

After I went public with my Witness story, Witnesses RUN away from me. I sure don't have any stalking problems with them today:-) The crop of Witnesses I see today are little more than bumbling idiots. They couldn't find their way out of a paper bag with a map and a flashlight.

• sir82
    sir82
    Balance this juvenile allegation with the often-reported lack of contact from the elders. I'm sure that - with maybe one or two exceptions - JWs have neither the time nor the energy to engage in stalking activity.

I have no first hand experience with "stalking", but have plenty of experience dealing with elders.

I can easily imagine the same elders who are "too busy" to make shepherding calls on old Sister Frail or Brother Drool in the nursing home would be only too eager to live out their "Starsky and Hutch" fantasies by staking out the apartment of 20-something Sister Nubile in hopes of catching a glimpse of some hanky-panky through the bedroom window. In the interests of "keeping the congregation clean" of course.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"As I gained status in the congregation, I was being exposed to and trained in some of the undercover

work of the local elders. It was exciting slinking around in the darkness, spying on members of the

congregation who were suspected of wrongdoing. I also was given access to the congregation files,

which revealed the inside information of all in the congregation. I was being used in the same kind

of covert operations I had seen control the workers at headquarters."

(Paul Blizard at http://www.geocities.com/paulblizard/test.html)

Hi steve2,

After reading the above exerpt from the link provided, what is your conclusion? Is it logical to conclude that this is nothing but a 'juvenile allegation'? For your information, Paul Blizard is an Ex-Bethel insider, kind of modern-day 'whistle blower'.

• villabolo
    villabolo

It's been almost 30 years since I've been out of the Witnesses but I live in a neighborhood full of them. One fine day I was having engine problem with a bit of smoke coming out. I was parked in the alley where one of the sisters was watching me. She turned her nose up at me in disgust with the type of look you would give someone who just defecated in public. Within a minute one of the brothers is running towards my car with a cell phone pointed at me. He was running from cover to cover as if to hide himself while taking pictures of my smoking car.

No, that is not stalking, which we all know they do when they hide behind the bushes overnight in order to catch Sister/Brother so and so fornicating. But it's part of their police state mentality.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There have been enough stories here to show that it does happen.

Good grief They were stalking Ray Franz to get the info they needed to disfellowship him! And they kept at it until they got what they wanted

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit