WBTS -A MODERN-DAY 'NAZI PARTY'??

by Scott77 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

Considering the way the WBTS controls and manipulates people in its mental grip, is it logical to compare it to the the infamous German Nazi Party? Is this an exageration? What parallel can be drawn between the two? Please, what do you think?

• villabolo
    villabolo

They are religious nazis. That is the phrase I've always used when describing the JWs to those unfamiliar with them. Unfortunately those people think you are exagerating. Some things just have to be experienced directly since words alone won't suffice.

• Amazing
    Amazing

It is a serious exaggeration. The Watchtower is a cult-like religion, and as such will have some similar attributes as any cultish organization, including the Nazis ... but, beyond that, there is little resemblance. The Nazis butchered 6 million of Jews and an equally as many Poles and other ethnic groups, in addition to starting a World War, in which they could have won. The ugly brutality, such as putting Jews, that did not die in the gas chambers, into ovens to burn is beyond comprehension and makes the JWs look like innocent lambs.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uhm, most authors treating the subject of JWs in the German concentration camps focused on their courage under extremely trying conditions, but one author pointed out that one aspect of the JW ideology that incensed Hitler was the simlarity between his party's techniques for recruiting members and the JW techniques for recruitment. I didn't record the book in my running bibliography, unfortunately; but it was only one sentence out of an entire book that was, in general, more favorably inclined towards the JWs.

However, if you check out this book: "Jehovah's Witnesses and the Third Reich - Sectarian Politics Under Persecution" by M. James Penton. Published in 2004 by University of Toronto Press....

You would find a much more thorough discussion of the behind-the-scenes manipulation and errors at the WTBTS prior to WWII which actually set up the German brothers for persecution. I have not yet had a chance to read this book - it's on request at the local library - but I suspect it describes a situation similar to the harsh and unequal treatment (by the WTBTS) which set up the Malawi brothers and sisters to be harshly persecuted, tortured, raped and killed... as compared to the Mexican brothers' manipulation of the system to escape conscripted service in the military.

In my personal opinion, the WTBTS is a cult, therefore it has many features in common with Nazism under Hitler. Their effect on the world hasn't been as immediately horrific; but given time, enough followers, and the right opportunity - I believe the WTBTS is every bit as capable of committing such atrocities... Zid

• villabolo
    villabolo

"It is a serious exaggeration."

"If you were in Israel (ancient) you would be stoned"

That is what a member of my Judicial Commitee told me. Bottom line the only reason the JWs don't go around executing people as well as waging wars is because they know damn well they won't get away with it. However, if they were to have sovereign territory in which to fulfill their morbid fantasies they would and we'd both be dead.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Villabolo,

I recall some Elders making similar statements ... and they were very wrong for saying such things ... and perhaps some of these individuals are capable of carrying out such atrocities ... but, I doubt that the majority of JWs would. I think that making such comparisons to the Nazis is far too extreme and reflects a serious lack of education, especially in history, and a lack of knowledge of what the Nazis were like.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I would take this to a pre-WWII era. Before the concentration camps and before the world knew what Hitler was doing.

Schnell states pretty clearly that in the pre-WWII era Rutherford used the German Branch office as an experimental field for what would work to control and manipulate people into becoming JWs and keeping them slaving for him.

We know about the letter to Hitler in 1933/34. I have to wonder just how closely Rutherford was paying attention to how Hitler was amassing such a cult foillowing.

I don't mean that the WTS was the same as Naziism. The similarities are interesting right down to their milennial world predictions. And certainly there are similar characteristics among all cults.

But it makes me think

• inkling
  • Amazing
    Amazing

Lady Lee,

You make good points ... though Schell lacked some credibility in his claims ... I do not doubt for a minute that some of his concerns were close to the truth. One of Rutherford's letters priased Hitler in the early years ... is that the letter you are referencing? Some of Rutherford's actions clearly put him in a class of manipulative and controlling dictators. I agree with some of the cultish similarities between the WTS and the Nazis. But, I have to believe that if the Watchtower Society were to start to seriously engage in atrocities, that they would lose a majority of JWs ... if for no other reason than they at least have a way to escape. I am sure many Germans wanted to leave Germany, but were cut off from doing so because the German expansion moved too far too fast. Whereas the JWs could simply stop associating with the local KH, and if necessary turn to the authorities.

Having said that ... and looking at how many have tolerated the child molestation issue ... maybe I am being a bit too generous toward the JWs.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Amazing that last sentence is the kicker for me. But it isn't just the pedophile issue.

The supposed "persecution" that turned out to be Rutherford's well-constructed campaigns to get JWs attacked, beaten and thrown into jail.

Look at what they did to the JWs in Malawi - the organization willingly stood back and let JWs be raped, beaten and killed over a 25 cent card. And can we even begin to count how many other countries this has happened in?

Thousands of people losing their lives to blood and transplant policies.

And let's not forget the disfellowshipping of children who are then shunned by their families and who fall into depression so deep that these children commit suicide.

The WTS takes absolutely zero true responsibility for any of it. In fact they crow about it as if they have done a good thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit