Have you been able to find security after leaving JW's?

by MacNCheese 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• k9groomer
    k9groomer

I'm going to try this highlight thing, found a lot of different points I can relate to.

Not being force-fed some ridiculous tripe and learning the facts for myself and forming my own conclusions is a wonderful feeling.

I can agree with this 100%

Being a JW was definitely not secure for me! If you didn't "endure to the end," you were going to die at Armageddon. If you made even the slightest mistake, you were going to be DF'd.

No joke. Lots of scares. There was a time that I didn't even want to be in the paradise because I asked my mom what would happen if ppl I didn't know or love were there, etc. well she said "Jehovah is going to erase your memory so you won't know anyone" etc etc. where was the appeal in that? My mom is TRUE BLUE JW as was her mom.

This all leads to a confusing picture and makes it even more confusing task of deciding how he's supposed to be in my life.

I can agree for sure. Part of the reason I found this site was I started searching for JW doctrines and scriptures that can dispute it, etc. I would have both the NWT and KJ bible crosschecking scripture and just study study study. I still have a lot to learn, but am very excited to be involved with my Baptist church. It's REALLY hardto get those old doctrines out of your head.

I think God working in your life is different for everyone. I found out how God was working in my life by the further I strayed the tougher life became, life lessons to lead me back. I'll try to make this short-LONG story. Four years ago I fell in love with my soulmate. He turned into an abuser who was already an alcoholic. I was verbally abusive and disrespectful. We were both drinking heavily. It got worse with each passing day. We tried bible study with the JW's, we tried marriage counseling, we would call his dad who is a mormon preacher. I left July 16 of last year. On Aug 24 he was hiding in the back of my Suburban. I opened the back doors for something and after he leaped out and a tussel, he had me on the ground choking me, a passerby stopped him. It ended with him ramming two cop cars and fleeing and eluding police. We separated 6 mths, got divorced during this time. I ended up in ANOTHER abusive relationship. On Jan 30th I dropped the restraining order on him and got one on the other guy. That night ended with him restraining the other guy after he busted in my living door until he was handcuffed. That guy is now the first restraining order GPS case in our county. My soulmate and I are still together today better than ever in the beginning, we both learned a lot of lessons and we are doing the right thing walking with Jesus Christ instead of for ourselves, in alcohol etc. If that ain't God working, I don't now what is:)

It's even harder to have a percieved notion that God is with you, to have him abandon you.

I can relate to that feeling from the past. Choose to leave "THE TRUTH" and what's left? Now I feel God didn't abandon me at all. I was lost and found him again. He knew where he was all the time, I was the one that wasn't with him.

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY!

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I'm with Scarred For Life - I spent the first 36 years of my life feeling insecure. It affected every aspect of my life and even my closest relationships. I never, ever felt good enough, even when I was - by WTS standards - "doing well".

Now that I'm free from the JW view of God, I'm happier, more at peace, more secure and my relationships have changed markedly for the better.

"I came to give you life, and life to the full."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never had security with a God that continually broke His promises to me and wanted to use me up and throw me away. Therefore, losing Him was nothing in the way of finding security. In fact, He has been responsible for a good many of my persistent problems (that is, the ones that defied all attempts to fix).

Now, if only I could find security FROM that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag, who I still see trying to set me up to use me up and then throw me away, getting me by force and by closing out each and every other option on me. Unfortunately, Satan is not powerful enough to protect me when that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag decides that it is Time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit