Cirque Du Soleil and Space Odyssey: Like trippin' 2 days in a row

by AWAKE&WATCHING 9 Replies latest jw friends

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

We went to see Cirque Du Soleil's show "Love/The Beatles" and it was truly amazing. If you ever have the chance to see it take full advantage. Indescribable, really. Then when we got home we watched "Space Odyssey: 2001" and I was blown away again.

I felt like I was trippin', I mean it was like my eyes were full of beauty at the Cirque show and were ready to explode. Then the movie! It was definitely lightyears beyond it's time. I was only a kid when it came out.

What entertainment have you seen that rocked your world or knocked your socks off?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7pl-Xk7xZ4

This is a pretty good link, lots of the Beatles songs from the show are posted on You Tube.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Oompa?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

HEY!!!! *stomps foot*

If I wanted to be shunned I'd go back to the Kingdom Hall!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Hey A&W!! I've never been to one of their acts but have always wanted too. Just seeing them on TV is amazing.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Thanks Quirky! I've never killed my own thread before without at least a nod from someone.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Hi, Robin,

I'm a huge Cirque fan, myself. I try to see them when they come in town but I've never seen their Love/The Beatles show. If I get a chance I'll definitely check it out.

They did a short movie called Journey of Man which I went and saw at the Omnimax. That was quite an experience and is what turned me on to them to begin with ;)

Jackie

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Oh, and you need to come play Werewolf with us!!!

Jackie

• beksbks
    beksbks

Cirque was here locally (Kooza). I was amazed. I would love to see it again.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

When I went to see the film "Amadeus" at the cinema as a teen I was blown away by the music...it made me really appreciate classical music for the first time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit