A Titanic Thread

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 26 Replies latest social current

• compound complex
    compound complex

I don’t know about you, but I intend to write a strongly-worded letter to the White Star Line about all this.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks for the comments. Some of them made for interesting informal anti-Witnessing today.

Here's one I found interesting to consider... So, which is the bigger misstatement, "God himself couldn't sink this ship!" or, "Millions now living will never die!"?

Indeed, the "USS Watchtower" has struck many icebergs of truth over the years. Yet, somehow it has managed to whitewash over the damage and keep afloat.

B the X

• donny
    donny

And the first class folks represented the 144,000 and the Great Crowd were the folks in steerage.

Don

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Just a few more days until the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i remember a CO who gave a talk about how terrible it would be to see the titanic movie because ( I'm not sure how he exactly worded it) it would be wrong to look at her breasts. It was funny because half the congregation had seen the movie. He was the same one who said Star Wars would be wrong because it was about a war.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Little talked about factoid about the Titanic sinking. Everybody knows about the disparity in survivors between first and third class (and forgets about 2nd class entirely - notice they didn't show up at all in the movie). However the largest death toll was among the crew. What kind of analogy does that give us regarding the WTBS and/or the Big A?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

So, it's officially been 100 years since the Titanic sank. And we know what that means...

Time for us in the US to get those taxes filed... and us college students to be sure those FAFSAs are filed.

All of this is conclusive proof that these truly are the Last Days. Because they last...

... and last...

... and last ...

... and last ...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Another anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. Back in 1912, Pastor Russell and his IBSA were sure that there were only 2 years left before "the end". Today, WT Corporation is continuing with the teaching that the end is very near. The WT magazine has a long and rich history of false prophecy.
  • millie210
    millie210

Does anyone remember the story of the young man who was on the Titanic being featured in the Awake?

He came to our Hall when I was a kid. He was an old man then and there was quite the to-do abuot him being there.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Also, it's Tax Day in the US! Income taxes are due today!

And, the Watchtower won't be paying any...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit