I Have To Touch It...Saddest Thing I've heard in a Long Time

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 36 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

The damage occurred when your FIL bought into this lying organization. Sadness was an inevitable by-product when he did not do his research and subsequently withdraw.

Regardless, I'm still sorry for your sorrow.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If he were catholic, a person WOULD bring the bread and wine to him. It has been done for my mom in law both at home and the hospital(of course, they have chaplains for that as it was a charitable catholic hospital).

The thing is Renaia, she actually partakes of it. There is no biblical instruction to pass a plate and cup around and NOT partake. Anywhere.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think that taking your FIL when you don't believe the same way was a good thing to do. It showed love, and JWs need it most. It is heartbreaking to hear of anyone being in so much pain. Wonderful that he is well loved.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Zealousness in faith is daunting to people but ask yourself this if he had been a catholic and was asking the same so he could go to his church and partake of the sacrements even though it was obviously painful for him but this was his will and he was set on it would you feel just as bad about the catholic religion?

Absolutely. "Religion is a snare and a racket."

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Thanks for sharing your story. The memorial made me uncomfortable at the best of times for it's ritualistic bent. I can't imagine my father going through that in old age and ill health. More accurately, it's difficult to imagine how I would handle it. Good for you for taking it in stride. Pretty stressful/irritating.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Breaks my heart................

You are a good person to help

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Thanks to all for your kind words. I appreciate it greatly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit