First Assembly of Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses-United State

by Scott77 16 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

i could never sit through another "assembly" or "convention" and listen to "talks" and "experiences"....

Apostafests on the other hand.... good times. The one in Toronto October 07 was great... 12 hours in a brewery/pub.. outstanding.. and we got to here people's tales in the Borg and many better stories of what folks were doing with their lives after WT...

And nothing against Rick Fearon..he does a lot of good.... but I can only handle that in small doses...reminds me to much of the KH.

Snakes ()

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

ugh....I dont want to belong to any group that would have me as a member :) The PA WNFJ Convention satisfied my need for "debriefing" after coming out of the Borg and it works as a stepping stone.

I agree that egos would rapidly get in the way of anything helpful coming of EXJWs coming together. It would present a great opportunity for the JWs to bomb the building tho and rid the world of us vermin. LOL

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Can my kids were camo? Can I leave my cell phone on? Do I have to take notes? Can I save seats for those "not" in my car group? Can I take pictures with a flash during the drama? Can we put beer in the cooler? Can we frolic in the baptismal pool? I'm there!

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

As usual, Ex-Bethelites would be available to lead their organisation skill as well as former elders.

Ex-Bethelites can barely tie their own shoelaces. Former elders would all power-freak on each other about telling us how to tie our own shoelaces.

This is the sh*te horror movies are made of, been there and lived it already, sorry, NO.

~Sue

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Ex-Bethelites can barely tie their own shoelaces.

Easy, killer.

Let's not stereotype, please.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Can my kids were camo? Can I leave my cell phone on? Do I have to take notes?

Can I save seats for those "not" in my car group? Can I take pictures with a flash

during the drama? Can we put beer in the cooler? Can we frolic in the baptismal pool?

I'm there!

(no more kool aid).
    Admittedly, there are a number of obvious pros and cons. My idea was not to recreat a religious atmosphere akin to above description. Think of something like a fellowship, an Appreciation Day, Fest, National Meetup. Right now, I think the Silent lamb is doing great advocacy work to defend those abused by JW elders. Another one I think is defending those who have exercised their rights to accept blood tranfusion. You know, running away from a cult is a like escaping from the paw of a lion. Already weakened, many find it much tough to rebuild their lives after spending so many years in 'enslaved' by WTBS. A large gathering like that one might be able to bring up those issues, provide needed support to regain humane sanity and social stability. Please,what do you think?
  • StAnn
    StAnn

Absolutely not. Just the thought of a convention is bringing back my PTSD symptoms!

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit