The emphasis is on Jesus, even in the New World Translation

by JimmyPage 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

Why did Judge Rutherford change the emphasis from Jesus to Jehovah?

Is it because he wanted to lead a nation like Israel of old and that didn't fit in well with what Jesus taught?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Interesting thought VM44

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ VM44 - pretty much what you said.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

Cool thread!

Why did Judge Rutherford change the emphasis from Jesus to Jehovah?

Because Jesus is THE way, THE truth and THE life.

All the best,

Stephen

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

why not just refer to yourself as a Jehovite?

LOL @ Poppers! I've heard many non-JWs refer to the Witnesses as "Hovies".

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The NT focuses on Jesus. God's role is secondary. The OT, however, emphasizes God the Father. As you read different time periods, though, God evolves.

• mP
    mP

Chalam

? And yet he was blind and never condemned slavery and actually condoned it by encouraging slaves to remain obedient. Who needs enemies when you have helpers like that ?

If Jesus was so blind to that evil, then he has lost all his moral authority.

• amos77
    amos77

I agree moving quickly from NWT to any other, almost any other. It is just having used the NWT for so long it seems to indoctrinate. I recall reading Byingtons bible put out by the Org. Came across the word GRACE..... I found that reading the NWT when one came across the "selected theological" verses, eg Matt 24:14, because the tape would start in your head, all the comments the WT had made about that etc etc. you woke up at the end of the chapter when the tape had stopped and you had really missed a great deal of the Whole of the Bible. Your experiences are indeed Good News. Best wishes.

• *lost*
    *lost*

If wathc tower have 'done away with, or replaced' Jesus, well then who is now their god, leader,

who are they really worshipping and giving honour to if it is not Jesus and God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit