How Public Talks are Done by some Congregations

by Amazing 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

One time I gave a talk and an elder had his outline right out there, which to me was a bit much.

He approached me afterward to ask why I added additional info not contained in THAT outline.

I pointed out that I covered the ENTIRE outline and I added my examples or illustrations to

make the points easier to comprehend. He didn't like the answer. He was an oldtime PO.

So I looked at him and told him if he didn't like my talks, I simply wouldn't come back.

He told his elders and one of them called me directly and apologized for the PO's behavior,

saying merely that he's just like that (minimus ).

Kudos

The article explained how the Anointed 'know' they are such in a way that the average JW can

understand and accept ... as it is the only article of its kind I could ever find ... and if more JWs

had read the article, there would be at least 100,000 or more Anointed today, which would begin

to seriously challenge the Watchtower theory on the limitation to only 144,000. The School Overseer

just stood there, speechless, and never challenged again ( Amazing).

Kudos

• undercover
    undercover

Interesting thread...thanks.

They must not have been too good at this coordinating thing where I came from. We had mostly terrible speakers with only the occasional good one. We kept getting the same bad visiting speakers over and over. It got so bad, we would recognize a speaker by remembering how bad he was from before.

It wasn't like we were in BFE... there were several congregations in the area with dozens more within a 90 minute drive. I used to wonder why they couldn't get different speakers from all over instead of just the same old sorry ones over and over...

• minimus
    minimus

Some speakers in certain area simply suck.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Minimus,

I gave you a Kudos

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

this thread ended up being very ironic...

I just received an email requesting an exchange of speakers this summer. I do not recognize the name but do recognize the congo.

I haven't been a talk coordinator or an elder in 28 months. I havent been to a meeting in 22.

II emailed the person back and told them they were working off an ancient list and to check with their CO for updated info... LOL

Snakes ()

• noni1974
    noni1974

Wow reading this was like reading French. I never paid much attention to who was speaking or what they said. That is why I'm an apostate now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit