Tomato or tomoto? Is it geehovah or jahovah?

by hoser 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I try never to say the name, if I do I use one of our apostate alternatives, like Jehoober.

I am amazed at many pronunciations that are imported from you guys across the pond to here in the U.K

Coelin (as in Powell) , Mareyeah (as in Carey) and fertle for fertile, I could go on,..... and on, and on.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

I went from a country where they pronounced it "Yeah-hugh-hwa" to a place now where they say, "eh-hoe-bah".

Now I'm too superstitious to say the name so I remove the superstitious title of adonai from the tetrogrammamegatron and i get... i get... I dunno. Sigh.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Yah a we he, sounds about right. or it could be yoho wuhu if your fancy is tickled.....

He doesnt exist beyond the imaginings of superstitious men whatever he's called.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Try

''Yah-ho-vah' El-o-heem''

with the accent on the last sylable of God's personal name.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    Tha Yord to tha Hay to tha Wow to the Hay is how I like to say my Daddy Jah' name when Chee-Hoe-Fvah (My wife's South Seas pronunciation of His name) starts to grate on my ears.
  • steve2
    steve2

I thought it was pronounced Gee Hoover and sometimes you'd include his middle name; namely Gee Edgar Hoover.

Or have I mixed up deities?

• Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    To-ma-to

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit