So my undercover "exposing the lies" is still working

by BonaFide 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

I beg to differ with most of the posters on this thread: The single biggest killer of young witnesses is boredom.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Maybe you should have brought up the chronic carpel tunnel in young witness men! lol

• steve2
    steve2

I might state that since during the last 30 years I have known of only two or three deaths, that proves very close to NO JWs die young. I would not use my limited knowledge as a standard, and neither should you. Your claim is quite simply stupid

I agree with TheOldHippe. There is no statistical proof to back up the claim that JWs die younger. At most it is a local observation based on limited sampling. Unfortunately, just as JWs have a tendency to generalize their observations into global statements (e.g., Jehovah's people are the happiest people in the world"), others also readily generalize their local observations into statements of fact about what prevails among the JWs as a whole.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

thank you, Steve2 - you master your language and thus manage to phrase it so much better than I as a foreigner manage :-)

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Moshe...One of the first things I did when I came off pioneering and left was to go to the dentist and the doctors and to sleep in every weekend. I had been neglecting my health, too busy trying to reach my hours.

At the time, I realized I mustn't, especially as some years earlier, a friend of mine died of cervical cancer because she did not go back for a repeat test. she was too busy working and pioneer, with a young son.

Also, I knew some very fragile, always depressed, JW sister friends who had had breakdowns, usually from trying to stay pioneering, whilst working, or with children. They told stories of being let down by the congregation, elders, family, or they were sad because they couldn't get someone to date them, never mind marry them. Also they wanted children.

I knew of 2 suicides that rocked the congregations. Both these sisters were genuine and sweet. They tried so hard to please 'Jehovah.'

I knew of many that were just not supported when they needed help(Just judged and marked!)

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

old hippie, steve 2, imo, bonfide isn't trying to be diagnostic he is simple trying to get people thinking. If you read his post you'll see he doesn't endeavour to make statements of fact but uses questions to stimulate thinking.

edit: what I mean to say is that we all have to find different ways of interacting depending on what our situation is in relation to the troof and it seems to me that bonafide has found an innovative way of dealing with what would otherwise be a closed system.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit