Hi Everyone I'm Still in but trying to leave.

by former2free 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to the board!! May I suggest "Crisis of Conscience" as a coffee table book. Just kidding, that may be bit too strong. Try going to the "Best of" on this site. There you will fing much info regarding the JW's that you may use to pry your wife free from the slavery.

More power to you. I look forward to hearing more.

Quirky

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I want to help her see that this is not the truth.

The only truth that you should be made aware of is the WTS. has for almost a century has tried desperately

to position themselves is the one and only true godly spirited directed organization on earth, this was intensionally done so for the

reason that they were and are a publishing house and they wanted to establish validity to their printed publications.

Spin it which ever way you want to but that is the cold hard fact of the matter.

Not only was it decidedly devised in this matter it also a self proclamation of empowerment that was readily available to them

given the freedom of religion policy offer by the American government. They took up that opportunity and started a corporation based on religious

ideology complete with share holders and lawyers holding their hands.

Call it the commercialization of god American style.

• the research lady
    the research lady

Former2free, welcome to the board. You might like to check out this website www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com Don't let the music scare you away, it's working to get people out, especially the youth. Go to the site map and check out the plan for the "mass exodus" coming in August of this year. Also, check out the conference call that we have every two weeks. You can listen to some of the calls by scrolling down and clicking on the conference call phone. You can listen to stories of others who have been "touched by the tentaclesof the Watchtower"including stories from former Circuit Overseers and even a former District Overseer and assitant Branch Overseer. I think this might help you. Thanks The Research Lady

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

hi former2free

welcome

I've tried different approaches - some peaceful some not. I've also tried some of bonafide's tactics but in a more roundabout way - discussions around news items, semi political issues etc.

As you have 2 small children I think its wise that you are taking a cautious approach. I'm glad you have your family in your corner.

ql

• yknot
    yknot

If you can pull it off then BF's comments are an interesting way to go.

What are her private issues? No JW is totally adherent.

Look at the publications too for chances to bring out interesting points.

Perhaps use the April 26th talk to start a conversation.

Above all love your and respect your wife, divided marriages can and do work if love and respect exist.

Remember just because it is your time to leave doesn't mean it is her's.

Did you know that Billy Graham and Ruth weren't of the same denomination....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit