Why do we say Witness teachings are idiotic - Weren't all of us Witnesses?

by BonaFide 30 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

So many on this forum talk about how Witnesses are stupid, ignorant, unable to reason, and brainwashed. We also pick apart the Watchtower as having such stupid teachings, and how ANYONE can see all of it is so ridiculous. Some use terms like the Filthful Slave, and the Washtowel.

Yet, many of us were Witnesses for YEARS, or even DECADES. We couldn't see it. We believed it.

So why do we say these things about current Witnesses and the Watchtower?

What you say?

BF

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So many on this forum talk about how Witnesses are stupid, ignorant, unable to reason, and brainwashed...Unfortunately it`s true. ..........................We also pick apart the Watchtower as having such stupid teachings,..Also true. ..................................how ANYONE can see all of it is so ridiculous...I thought it was crap when I was a kid. ..................Some use terms like the Filthful Slave, and the Washtowel..People are pissed off at being lied to.................................Yet, many of us were Witnesses for YEARS, or even DECADES. ..Some of us were born in it,we had no choice. ............................We couldn't see it. We believed it..I was about 12 when I figured out it was Bullshit...................................So why do we say these things about current Witnesses and the Watchtower?..Because it`s true. .................OUTLAW

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Outlaw, you are smarter than me, and I thought I was pretty smart. I didn't even start to doubt until maybe three years ago. Before that I sometimes would disagree with some points, but I thought for sure that Jehovah would correct things in due time. I believed it was the truth.

BF

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I'm sure I have referenced JW teachings in that way from time to time in the past, but not recently. I tend to simply refer to JW teachings as unrealistic, illogical, or outdated.

In my own personal case I came to believe JW teachings when I was very young and impressionable. Many on this board where brough up in the religion and were taught it by their parents and grandparents. Very few accepted the religion when they were full grown adults.

The main point being that most accepted JW teachings when they were impressionable and young.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I'm guessing many are still pissed off at being decieved! I know I am. I'm not going to say that witnesses are stupid but they are programmed to believe in a way that makes them ignorant of the facts even when these facts stare them in the face. When I lived in Toronto and went to the conventions I would see bunch of people holding signs - but I didn't know what they were talking about and as a new in the "truth" I was told that these were apostates and all their signs were full of lies. So as a programmed memeber, one doesn't dig deeper for what the signs mean and just makes fun of those holding them. Been there and I understand the mentality of those programmed individuals. By God's grace or by accident whichever it may be I was able to stumble on facts from within and started to investigate the religion I was taught to be the truth. I will agree that GB is a bunch of liars who mislead the flock and I would assume that is why many here will use any name for these people and who can blame them, after all it is the GB who decieves the people by claiming to be God's channel of communication and anointed and all that BS!! As for teachings being idiotic, obviously those of us that have come out of this religion and have come to know the facts about certain teaching would agree that there are idiotic teaching in Watchtower religion. 1914 is at the top of the list. I'm not going to say all are because some that are in the bible in black and white I still believe but anything to do with dates is a bunch of crap.

Those deeply indocrinated in Watchtower religion appear brainwashed even though I would called them programmed more than anything and it is very difficult of these ones to seperate the deception from reality of this religion. You go to meetings and are taught about caring and loving brotherhood and you know that many are sincere and good hearted. You ignore the faults of many as you understand everyone has their weeknesses so when you hear things about GB or serious wrongdoing being tolerated you can't believe it and your mind clicks in to look the other way and you think is apostate news or work of satan to reproach "God's organization." When one is in such a state one doesn't look deeper and obviousely Watchtower covers their shit quite well just as they've done with pedophile court suits. Typical loyal follower will always take their side when it comes to questioning who is right - the GB or others. This deep programming is hurtful and very destructive IMO and they wield the power of control over the people in a same manner as Catholic church did in middle ages. If WTS wants to go on a witch hunt they can and will destroy families and friends. So I wouldn't say that the members are stupid but they definitly are decieved - and to undo this type of programming it takes a long time and much self examination!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BonaFide..People see things at different times in thier life..I was about 12 when it started to unravel..16 when I really started to pick up on things..Late teens when it all came crashing down..........I still have family in..I can see they are not happy,but they are too old to leave..........Your still young enough to start a new life......I know it`s tuff..But..Things do get better.......You had a lot of WBT$ responsibility at a young age..You were probably overwelmed by it..That would only be natural for a young man in your position...........Don`t be hard on yourself for not figuring it out sooner..You still have a bright future a head..Thats more than I can say for some of my loved ones..................................OUTLAW

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I often wish I had realized when I was in my 20's that it wasnt the "truth." I became a missionary and put my life in danger many times, and didn't get a real education. At least I had fun sometimes, and I did make some friends - I think.

BF

• choosing life
    choosing life

I think the trash talking of the jw religion is a reaction to being duped, sometimes for a long time. Then there's the covering of pedophiles, the destroying of families and the the loved ones lost to the blood pact.

Did I mention the lost years and the countless life altering decisions one would have made differently?

• choosing life
    choosing life

I think the trash talking of the jw religion is a reaction to being duped, sometimes for a long time. Then there's the covering of pedophiles, the destroying of families and the the loved ones lost to the blood pact.

Did I mention the lost years and the countless life altering decisions one would have made differently?

• choosing life
    choosing life

Hey, how do you edit out something on this board?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit