Do Jehovahs Witnesses hold record for Religion with the most False Prophecies?

by Witness 007 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ gubbering;

If you have the Proclaimers book, a simple glance at the appendix will reveal many more dates...

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

JWs cannot make ''mistakes'' because, whereas the rest of the World could possibly misinterpret the Bible, they alone are inspired...(and arrogant)...

Watchtower, 1973 July 1st p.402

Jehovah’s organization alone, in all the earth, is directed by God’s holy spirit or force (Zech,4:6) Only this organization functions for Jehovah’s purpose and to his praise. To it alone God’s Sacred Word, the Bible, is not a sealed book.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Criminey! Bookmarked.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I'd like that list pared down to the actual dates that these events were to have taken place

Most of their prophecies do not have an actual date.

They do provide a 'time frame' in which the prophecy must occur.

I suggest you learn how to use 'time frames' rather than dates, as there are more to choose from.

You may find some useful info here http://corior.blogspot.com/

Cheers

Chris

• middleman
    middleman

"What is a prophecy?"

reniaa does this help? Here's what false prophecy is:

1968 Awake Magazine October 8th pg.23"True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end to the world", even announcing a specific date. Some have gathered groups of people with them and fled to the hills or withdrawn into their houses waiting for the end. Yet, nothing happened. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing?"

The definition of a false prophecy according to the WBTS is false predicting something that doesn'tcome to pass-such as predicting the end of the world using a specific date.

False predicting = false prophecyaccording to the Society.

• middleman
    middleman

Here's the picture if we need to see that instead...

http://www.jwfiles.com/scans/AW10-8-68p23.htm

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Do it for me Scotty. I'm too lazy and that horse is dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit