glasgow emergency evacuation plans

by ninja 33 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ooops Seasonal Affective Disorder in fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

And I too am most surprised to hear about these "smart ass" comments from Ninja.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Ninja,

In my area we were told by local officials, via news media, that if we do not evacuate when we are told to, that we can be put in jail.

They say it is a misdemeanor to disobey evacuation notice. That was announced about 2 years ago.

Is it the same in Scotland?

• ninja
  • ninja
  • mouthuy
    mouthuy

Our parents and to a larger degree our grandparents were raiesed to be self sufficient

Your so right Uzzah.... I was in the 2nd World War..You had to KNOW & be ready,
    couldnt call anyone when the bombs fell.

Gas masks had to be with us ,,,, Had to know where the nearest subway was to run & hide.
    So be prepared encase you need it Hope you never do though

• ninja
  • ninja
    ninja

what do they know?...or what are they planning?.....http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7957431.stm

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Tell us everything you have in your grab bag and what does it weigh?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    what do they know?...or what are they planning?

sounds similar to the 'Home Guard' they retained post WW2 until the late 1950's/early 60's? My dad was in that - he had a little handbook which gave instructions for all kinds of management - first aid, evacuation, crowd control etc in the event of a major attack. I think the Russians were considered the biggest threat back then.

We are on high alert at the moment - remember all those 'students' they arrested last week. Maybe they might have had something planned for Glasgow and other major UK cities?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

"The Home Office's new counter-terrorism document - to be published on Tuesday - will go into more detail than ever before in the interests of public accountability. "

Sounds patterned after WT. New Light coming soon! Big announcement! Be there! Get everyone excited for another propaganda drop.

"shop and hotel workers would be among 60,000 people able to deal with an incident. "

This made me wonder if they would be packing the locals into hotels and large stores (equivalent to our wal-marts/Sam's) in case of evacuation. If people are all quarrantined corralled into large places they can be better supervised and attended. Why would they choose to train these particular people and not emergency responders and hospitals? USA gets FEMA camps; Scotlanders get the Hilton!

"we need to do it with international partners. "

Could this mean there will be border patrols? Will you still be able to travel freely? Or will the cities go into 'lockdown' in emergency?

"Gordon Brown said tens of thousands of civilians had already been trained in how to look out for suspicious behaviour in crowded places and to react in the event of an attack."

Profiling suspicious behavior. Guess this means reading T-shirts to see if you are anarchist.

"Tens of thousands of men and women throughout Britain - from security guards to store managers - have now been trained and equipped to deal with an incident and know what to watch for as people go about their daily business in crowded places such "

Sounds like they're got it wrapped up, Ninja. You should be safe now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit