I just lost my job.

by JeffT 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

I was starting to hate working there, but it's still a drag. I'm hoping to do some sort of free-lance technical writing, in particular writing accounting procedures.

If any of you have any advice, wisdom etc, I would love to hear it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm very sorry to hear that.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

ComputerJobs.com <---- I got quite a few contracts through this one.

Monster.com

Dice.com

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Sorry to hear...

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I am sorry. Hope the free lance stuff works out, but I know that is not the same as far as benefits go. My husband's business has been slow and I don't mean to sound corny but a positive attitude really does help and it makes life bearable in the meantime. Just when we think it has been a horrible week something turns up. I tell everyone I know about the business he is in and am constantly surprised who ends up being good customers. So put the word out and be positive!

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

My sympathies to you. I was layed off my job a while ago. I also was ready for a change. It turned out to be a good thing for me. But even so, it was painful when it happened.

I took the opportunity to go back to school. Very healing for me, since I was able to get the degree the WT discuraged me from getting when I was younger. Now I'm looking for a job in a whole new field! I highly recommend doing it if you can.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm very sorry to hear it Jeff

• yknot
    yknot

Well it always sucks to be the dumpee and not the dumper...

Headhunters can be great!

Here is hoping the next gig has better pay and benefits!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Well it's all YOUR fault just ask the republicans!

Keep your chin up, you'll get a better job soon! I'm talking to myself (praying) in your behalf!

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

my advice is to start making plans and back up plans immediately. make a to do list every day

that moves you towards your goal. part of that may be finding a temporary job of some sort

that allows you to keep working towards your eventual goal. do not let time pass. inertia will

set in. keep your mind active on your pursuit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit