"In Memory of the Memorial"

by parakeet 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• parakeet
    parakeet

To celebrate my 30th year of freedom from the WTS, I'm having a (virtual) "In Memory of the Memorial" party.

To see how we're celebrating, check out this site. All the birds are having a great time tonight.

http://www.maniacworld.com/bird-loves-ray-charles.html

Maybe some kind soul can create a direct link? Thanks.

Happy No More Memorial Day!

• lurk3r
  • parakeet
    parakeet

Thanks, lurk3r!

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Np at all! that is a great link..lol

• StAnn
    StAnn

I love it! Especially that he's dancing to Ray Charles singing, "shake your tail feathers!" So apropos!

StAnn

• parakeet
    parakeet

StAnn: I love it! Especially that he's dancing to Ray Charles singing, "shake your tail feathers!" So apropos!

All birds, but parrots in particular, know how to party. We're all singing by the light of the Memorial full moon.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

SQWUAK! That was awesome! I miss my poor Quaker parrot. The elders came to do a shepherding call and scared the poor thing out the front door! He hated ties. I think he is fine though, we have a large resident population of feral Quakers here.

BTS

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Sorry you lost your bird, Burn. My cockatiel left, too.

Are these the birds that are supposed to come to peck out our eyes?

They don't look very threatening.

Perhaps if we all have some bread crumbs on hand we will be spared!

• parakeet
    parakeet

cameo: Are these the birds that are supposed to come to peck out our eyes? They don't look very threatening.

The larger parrots can do some serious damage to their humans.

Some years ago, I bought a canary. One day he flew too close to my African Grey parrot. The parrot grabbed the canary by the neck and snapped it, killing the canary instantly.

I've had to go the doctor more than once for treatment when my parrot bit me especially hard. I have tiny white bite scars all over my hands and forearms. And African Greys are only mid-sized parrots. Amazons and macaws have even bigger beaks, more than capable of pecking your eyes out.

Respect the beak!

• parakeet
    parakeet

BTS: I miss my poor Quaker parrot.

Nothing worse than your parrot escaping. You can go nuts worrying about what happened to it.

Owning Quaker parrots is illegal in my state -- PA. They're legal in NY, NJ, MD, WV, and OH. Do legislators believe feral quakers will respect state lines and stay out of PA? Our tax dollars at work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit