What's for breakfast on Easter morning?

by Finally-Free 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I always have pretty good breakfasts on weekends. Eggs, omelets, bacon, sausages, home fries, waffles, pancakes, etc., but I'm in a rut and getting bored with it all.

I'm home alone so I want something a little different, just so it feels like a holiday. I suppose I could gorge on chocolate bunnies for breakfast, but it's probably not a good idea since I'm diabetic.

So what are all you guys having? I need to steal some ideas.

W

• lavendar
    lavendar

How about some French Toast, made with vanilla and cinnamon in the egg mixture? Yum!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sauteed peppers and eggs with good Italian bread

Baked pancake (recipes are online)

Crepes with asparagus and Hollandaise sauce

Huevos Rancheros served with nice refried beans and warm tortillas

Your favorite bread with ricotta spread (drain cheese overnight, add a little vanilla or honey)

Homemade Muslei (add a tablespoon of brown sugar to a mix of cinnamon, oats, nuts, dried fruits, and other cereals; add to a warm frying pan and stir constantly/gently until well mixed and sugar is melted)

Grilled bananas with yogurt

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Lavender, I forgot all about French toast. I haven't had it in years. I'll put that on my menu.

Of course, being a guy with a very healthy appetite, I'll try some of Rebel8's suggestions too. The peppers and eggs idea sounds great. I'll have crepes for dinner tonight too, and the Huevos Rancheros for breakfast tomorrow.

Things are looking up now!

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

Salmon steak sauteed in garlic and butter.

Yellow grits.

Steaming sassafras tea.

Sylvia

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I'll have crepes for dinner tonight

So mr. rebel8 and I are invited, right? If we leave now we can make it to your house by dinner.

(He is currently a little miffed b/c I put sprouts on his sandwich for lunch.)

PS-The best way to have peppers and eggs IMO is to saute the peppers in a combo of olive oil and butter until very soft. Then cook your scrambled eggs in the same pan. Toast your bread and make a sandwich. Actually it's not too bad for ya, doesn't take much oil.

snowbird: Wow, really? I thought sassafras tea was taken off the market.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Probably a bowl of Cheerio's for me.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    (He is currently a little miffed b/c I put sprouts on his sandwich for lunch.)

OMG!!! That's just twisted!

Poor, little sprouts!

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit