Nathan Knorr ignored me.

by refiners fire 22 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Friday,

If you look at the expanded picture, the person to the left which shows just a small part of him, not enough to identify is Maximus.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi refiner, Fark, Larc, Yadirf, et al,

So Knorr ``igknorred'' you, eh? Believe me, you've got plenty of company... a studied, deliberate, turn-it-on/turn-it-off aloofness was definitely a facet of his personality.

One of my jobs at the 124 Columbia Heights Big House was running the elevator manually at noon time to gather up all the old folks and get them seated at the dinner (lunch, really; the noon meal) table. The last of several up-and-down trips was to pick up Knorr and his wife on the tenth floor and get him down to his table before the rest of the family thronged in. So I got to know him fairly well, cerainly a lot more than the majority of the worker bees and drones who were my contemporaries.

Very austere and unsmiling most of the time, it seemed he sought to test your mettle, to se whether you might squirm under his withering glance. His wife Audrey, a gracious lady. often felt self-conscious in her hubby's presence, and sought to disarm and compensate for his stern demeanor, often by engaging you in light banter.

He also was capable of surprising you with a show of measured affection; really, one never knew whether to expect a hug, a shurg or a chewing out from the old boy. A strange, almost inscrutable guy.

I could write a book, or certainly a sequel to my ``Bethel Memoirs'' one day, on Knorr-isms alone.

Hey Fark, so that's Maximus next to the old man? Well it dosn't show much, but I think there's enough of him there to conclude that Max is (was?) a sharp dresser---- no mean trick at $14 a month!

• ricoananas
    ricoananas

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ................. LOL LOL LOL .....

Ye must keep your I simple.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit