Memorial "observers" - meditate on this before rejecting the emblems!

by yadda yadda 2 13 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

DO YOU HAVE GOD’S SPIRIT?

“…we, in turn, might receive the adoption as sons. Now because YOU are sons, God has sent forth the spirit of his Son into our hearts and it cries out: ‘Abba, Father!’ ” —Galatians 4:5-6, NWT

“For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.” —Romans 8:14, NWT

How Does a Person Receive God’s Spirit?

“…because YOU are sons, God has sent forth the spirit…” —Galatians 4:5, NWT

Are you spiritually adopted as a son or daughter of God?

“God does not adopt them as spiritual sons, as he does the 144,000.” —The Watchtower, February 1, 1998, p. 20

If you are not adopted, how can you be “led” by God’s Spirit?

“For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.”—Romans 8:14, NWT

Without God’s Spirit which you receive through adoption, how can you claim to “please” God and “belong” to Christ?

“So those who are in harmony with the flesh cannot please God. However, YOU are in harmony, not with the flesh, but with the spirit, if God’s spirit truly dwells in YOU. If anyone does not have Christ’s spirit, this one does not belong to him.”—Romans 8:8-9, NWT

“Jesus took a loaf… he said: ‘TAKE, eat. This means my body.’ Also, he took a cup… saying: ‘Drink out of it, all of YOU; for this means my “blood of the covenant,” which is to be poured out in behalf of many for forgiveness of sins.’” —Matthew 26:26-28, NWT

What is Jehovah’s Arrangement for Life?

“This is my Son, the beloved; listen to him.”—Mark 9:7, NWT

“Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves.”—John 6:53, NWT

Do you “listen” to the Son by participating in His New Covenant?

“…only the 144,000… have properly partaken of the emblems during the Memorial of Jesus’ death, and only with them did Jesus make his covenant… Members of the great crowd are not participantsin thenew covenant.” —The Watchtower, February 1, 1998, p. 19

What part of the word “anyone” does not apply to you?

“…the bread…that anyone may eat of it and not die. I am the living breadif anyone eats of this bread he will live forever…the bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.”—John 6:50-51, NWT

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Great post, I love seeing the Christ-rejecting teachings of the WTS laid out so clearly. It really is a tragedy.

• heyfea
    heyfea

Hey, if you asked me, the JW memorial is nothing but a pagan ceremony to reject Christ.

If I ever went to one of those again, I wil part take.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If I wanted to "partake" I certainly wouldn't do it at a JW "memorial". I would never attend a JW "memorial". To do so would be an acknowledgement that their "memorial" means something. In my opinion, no JW meeting, belief, or practice has any validity to anyone but themselves.

If I were to "partake" I would do so in a real church, where people actually try to worship God. You don't see "worship" in kingdom halls. All you see is something that resembles an Amway or Primerica meeting.

W

• Ri
    Ri

"

"If I were to "partake" I would do so in a real church, where people actually try to worship God. You don't see "worship" in kingdom halls. All you see is something that resembles an Amway or Primerica meeting.

W"

LMAO, Yes, Amway or Primerica.....When I begin to wake up and realize the WTS is one gaint franchise that's when I wanted out.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Good post and points, Yadda.

When I used to read Romans 8 and my spirit would cry out, "Abba Father," I thought something was wrong with me!

Now, I know it was the WT that had the problem.

Sylvia

• snowbird
    snowbird

Also, this one from the NIV:

John 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

ALL should come to Jesus.

Amen.

Sylvia

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

It's so simple, isn't it? Come to Jesus for life...

Yet JW's just refuse to see it. It's tragic, really.

• I quit!
    I quit!

There is no way you would get the Watchtower's farcical ceremony by reading just the Bible. It almost qualifies as a satanic ritual. What could be more satanic than gathering together to reject Christ. My wife will be going to her rejection ceremony tonight and I'll be partaking at the Eucharist at my church at about the same time. I like my idea of a Memorial tee shirt with a picture of Jesus with a red circle and slash over his face with the caption "Just say no" to point out the absurdity of what they believe.

• the research lady
    the research lady

All great posts and so true. This is one reason why we will be at the Kingdom Hall tonight with our many signs exposing the Watchtower org. for what they relly are, a dangerous and destructive cult! I will be holding one of my favorites-"Accordingly Jesus said to them: :Most truly I say to you, Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves". John 6:53 NWT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit