Can a JW (who is "IN" for family) be an ATHEIST?

by african GB Member 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

I mean how would an Atheist JW go to FS to tell WORLDLIES about Jehovah while he does'nt really believe in god?

Will the HOLY SPIRIT "guide" such an individual?

Will the angels "ACCOMPANY" such.....?

Could they really stand the MEETINGS, listening to Jehovah talk to them through the mouths of the ELDERS?

african GB member

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Several months ago, I was taking some job training classes. First thing in the morning they would have "Devotional", different leaders of different Christian groups would come each morning to lead the devotional class. You could opt out of that portion if you wanted, and several did, for different reasons. I decided I'd go just to hear what was being said. I didn't agree, or go along with most of the "Godly talk" but it was interesting none the less. And I added flavor to the group....pointing out things that I felt...that may not go along with scriptures.

What really surprised me is how many "Christian Folks" didn't even know their bible. I usually was the one ended up reading the scriptures and and explaining them and that was after I told everyone else what page the scripture was on.

lisa

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

A lot of practicing Christians don't know their Bible. That IMHO is how the JWs make inroads. If you come from a Roman Catholic background for example it is easy to get by without studying the Bible at all. It's the Church that many have faith in and the traditions of the church. This can make sincere people easy targets for JWs I think (not that I would want to be in either organisation). As an aside, assuming they exist, what would any self-respecting angel be doing on "the work" with JWs?

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

"Will the HOLY SPIRIT "guide" such an individual?"

IMO anyone who is starting to see the lies of the WT is being guided by the holy spirit, whether they believe in God or not.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Sure, as long as they keep their unbelief to themselves.

I don't recommend it as a satisfying way to live, but it can be done.

• yknot
    yknot

I know an atheist JW in our circuit........ she is the model JW too.

She figures FS and meetings are just part of her families 'traditions' and religious 'rituals'.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

If they accept paedophiles, which they surely do, then anything goes.

KT

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A witless can in fact be atheist. Even the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger running it is probably atheist--otherwise, they would be afraid of p***ing God off.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

There was a poll done on this subject. At the pew research institute.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/876/religion-america-part-two

It shows that only 98% of jws believe in god, but only 82% believe in a personal god. However the same study says 21% of atheists believe in god, which makes no sense to me!

Anyway, the link is there for you to view the info yourself.

Am

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I was an agnostic-jw-elder-pioneer.

It always seemed to me that incompleteness is inescapable right now and until that time all one can do and do honestly is be an agnostic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit